Minneapolis not allowing police to...

Rate this topic

chessie_yaker

...wear their uniform if they choose to attend Trump rally. They forced them to be on the stage in uniform when Hussein held his rally there..... hmmm

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6093121137001/

Should it be in the capacity of the city to not allow their law enforcement officers to show support for their president in uniform?

11 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

...wear their uniform if they choose to attend Trump rally. They forced them to be on the stage in uniform when Hussein held his rally there..... hmmm

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6093121137001/

Should it be in the capacity of the city to not allow their law enforcement officers to show support for their president in uniform?

Have to agree w/ the courts on this only;  regrettably.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

12 mins ago, KnewBee said:

nope

Any chance of your personal political stance clouding your ability to think objectively? I mean, it is Minneapolis. I know they are as blue as they come, along with crime ridden as all Dem ran utopias are. But you have no issue with the bias that’s being displayed with this? Would you be as silent if it were reversed where Trump had the support and once Obama comes to town they aren’t allowed to show support in uniform? 

As I grew up in the county I live in, police officers were forbidden from expressing political views.  They could vote but they weren't allowed to participate in political rallies in uniform or not.  I was surprised to see this was a story.

1 min ago, Ellar said:

As I grew up in the county I live in, police officers were forbidden from expressing political views.  They could vote but they weren't allowed to participate in political rallies in uniform or not.  I was surprised to see this was a story.

Unions support blue, but why is it ok to show support for one political affiliation and not the other? It seems your town had it right from the beginning... or do they? It’s the president of the United States of America we are talking about, not a candidate running for mayor. Should the military not show support for the president of the United States?

5 hours ago, KnewBee said:

nope

Really, lol?? 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

There is this thing called the Hatch Act that prohibits public servants from displaying political preference while on duty. This avoids the appearance of favoritism one way or the other.

Obama was a special case, and the Libs loved rubbing the Black President in everyone's face, hoping to root out the racists among us.

Trump doesn't get the same leewayz.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Members of the military are also not allowed to wear a uniform when endorsing a political party.  Being present for official duty, or during an official visit, is not the same as being there voluntarily as a show of personal support.  Officially the uniform belongs to the organization, which is supposed to be politically neutral.

10 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

Unions support blue, but why is it ok to show support for one political affiliation and not the other? It seems your town had it right from the beginning... or do they? It’s the president of the United States of America we are talking about, not a candidate running for mayor. Should the military not show support for the president of the United States?

I know they had it right in the seventies and the eighties.  Probably all the way back to the twenties when the department was started.  More recently, I wouldn't be surprised if it's don't ask/don't tell as long as you're on your own time and wearing your own clothing and you don't show up on the news giving an interview at the event with your job title below your name. 

I think the military should do the same.