coastalfreak

Aquariums

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I was wondering how you guys like the aquariums where you guys live. As some of you may know, I am an intern at the Georgia Aquarium and we work with a lot of aquariums found in the northeast and such. 

I liked Mystic Aquarium when I lived in CT. I especially liked the fact that there is a sushi restaurant right next to it. I used to tell the kids that they served all of the "poor performers" from the aquarium....

13 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Hey folks, I was wondering how you guys like the aquariums where you guys live. As some of you may know, I am an intern at the Georgia Aquarium and we work with a lot of aquariums found in the northeast and such. 

Been to Inner Harbor and the Camden Aquarium. Nice but you see one and you seen them all. Loved the one we had here at the dock because it was mostly local fish caught right off our dock. Learned so much from watching it. Camden Aquarium would come down several times each summer to take some of the neat critters we donated. 

42 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

I liked Mystic Aquarium when I lived in CT. I especially liked the fact that there is a sushi restaurant right next to it. I used to tell the kids that they served all of the "poor performers" from the aquarium....

LOL! We serve seafood at the aquarium. When guest ask, we talk about how sustainable seafood is completely fine. It's the unsustainable farming and catching practices that we dislike. 

54 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

Been to Inner Harbor and the Camden Aquarium. Nice but you see one and you seen them all.

Same here. Inner harbor aquarium is pretty sweet though.

If yall ever make it down to my aquarium in the next year or so let me know. I can give yall some tickets. 

Also, I recommend checking out our TV show on Animal Planet.

Georgia Aquarium is very good.  Some really good displays.  I like the way the NE aquarium in Boston is laid out.  The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago has been around a long time, as is very good, but it's also right next to the Field Museum and Adler Planetarium so the location is perfect.

I've been to Camden, Inner Harbor, Boston, Jenkinsons and another one in Virginia that I don't remember the name. Camden, Boston and Inner Harbor are good. Baltimore is probably best. 

I always enjoy going and have always loved fish. I have always kept at least one tank of my own, since I was a kid. 

9 hours ago, Scallywag said:

I've been to Camden, Inner Harbor, Boston, Jenkinsons and another one in Virginia that I don't remember the name. Camden, Boston and Inner Harbor are good. Baltimore is probably best. 

I always enjoy going and have always loved fish. I have always kept at least one tank of my own, since I was a kid. 

agree. though I haven't been to Camden since it opened. Coney Island stinks ever since Sandy.  Last winter they were still rebuilding. 

9 hours ago, Scallywag said:

I would have one right now if money didn’t matter... :) 

11 hours ago, Nessmuk said:

Georgia Aquarium is very good.  Some really good displays.  I like the way the NE aquarium in Boston is laid out.  The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago has been around a long time, as is very good, but it's also right next to the Field Museum and Adler Planetarium so the location is perfect.

Glad to hear you enjoy us! We have a new expansion opening up at then end of 2020.

Need one in upstate New York area.  Love going to aquariums.  the one in tampa with the huge glass wall and rocking chairs is a great place to hang out and rest.