coastalfreak

Should of known this would happen...

46 posts in this topic

Snakeheads were reported in my state's waters for the first time very recently. Watched a whole news report on it today. Welcome to Georgia, another invasive species. 

Good news is that Georgia DNR is trying their absolute hardest to get them out before a major problem arises. 

They are in NYS.  They poisoned them out of a pond in Westchester and there is a substantial population at the world fair grounds in Flushing Queens.  I think its called Willow Pond.

1 hour ago, nateD said:

Are they that disruptive? Seemed like mass hysteria a few years ago and nothing since. Are they destroying ecosystems?

They are aggressive, protective of their young and eat just about anything that swims or falls in the water.

Kind of like the Asian Carp only they have teeth and taste much better.

28 mins ago, FishermanTim said:

They are aggressive, protective of their young and eat just about anything that swims or falls in the water.

Kind of like the Asian Carp only they have teeth and taste much better.

So since being introduced have they exploded and taken over like the carp?

the mother in law lives in a senior development in Fla. there are 4 ponds on the property , I've been catching them for out 20 years , they love frog presentation , one early am I hooked into one pretty good , they roll , splash and pull hard as hell , well I was under gun with 8 lb braid , until this mid size gator got a hold of it , I just cut the line   

On 10/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, coastalfreak said:

Snakeheads were reported in my state's waters for the first time very recently. Watched a whole news report on it today. Welcome to Georgia, another invasive species. 

Good news is that Georgia DNR is trying their absolute hardest to get them out before a major problem arises. 

No major problems will arise unless the DNR trys their absolute hardest to get rid of them.

Embrace a new and better gamefish.