Cape Cod Charlie's to close for good

Rate this topic

TonyO

19 mins ago, z-man said:

What’s a Cape Cod style gas station?

Those are the words right out of the Bourne Courier article. 

Picture show a light blue, white trim colored two story structure.  Zero use of large store front windows...only residential style windows.  Apartments will be above the gas station.. :dismay:

The article goes on to say, the Planning Board members found the design and the "Cape Cod aesthetics compelling".  :rolleyes:

Yep, the beautifying of Main Street.  Yet another reason to add down town Buzzards Bay to your bucket list of quaint New England sea side villages to see.

3 mins ago, Joe G said:

Picture show a light blue, white trim colored two story structure.  Zero use of large store front windows...only residential style windows.  Apartments will be above the gas station.. :dismay:

The article goes on to say, the Planning Board members found the design and the "Cape Cod aesthetics compelling".  :rolleyes:

Yep, the beautifying of Main Street.  Yet another reason to add down town Buzzards Bay to your bucket list of quaint New England sea side villages to see.

Might be on the same route number but I don't think it is any part of Main St. Buzzards Bay in any way shape or form...………..

4 hours ago, z-man said:

What’s a Cape Cod style gas station?

Slow service and high prices. Oh yeah, and across the street from another coffee shop and gas station.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

Not to say right in the path where they will be constructing a new bridge at some point. Perhaps they might be hoping they take the land by eminent domain and get a bundle of cash in the process, because they will have an approved lot to build on if all goes the way it seems now.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

5 hours ago, Joe G said:

I was wondering if they had some magical way to make a 10 pump gas station not look like a gas station. I’m sure it will look just like the Speedway across the street and every other gas station in the state. 

14 hours ago, z-man said:

I was wondering if they had some magical way to make a 10 pump gas station not look like a gas station. I’m sure it will look just like the Speedway across the street and every other gas station in the state. 

Well, the article goes on to state......."Even though there are eight gas stations and numerous coffee shops and stores that sell coffee from Main's Street west end to the foot of Scenic Highway, the project will fit right into Main Street's still evolving, but vibrant, pit stop economy". 

Furthermore, the Chairman of the Planning Board stated....."This project will be an asset to the town.  This is the gold standard on how we want to interact with project applicants."

"Still evolving"...…"gold standard" ... ?.   To me, this implies Bourne is open to approving even more gas stations.

Makes me wonder what these guys are smoking.    :dismay: