Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TonyO

Cape Cod Charlie's to close for good

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Gary has decided to finally close the doors for good. Land has been bought and instead of nice bait, you may be able to fill your gas tank there next year. Sad to see another old time shop close. He appreciates all of your business throughout the years. Will probably be open for another 2 weeks.

Too bad. A nice shop, with everything you could want to fish the canal. Good luck to Gary in the future

1 min ago, bob_G said:

A lot of history associated with that shop, even before Gary took over.

Any idea when it first opened? Was told in the 50's.

6 mins ago, TonyO said:

Any idea when it first opened? Was told in the 50's.

The 50s is way before my time. My earliest recollection of the place was probably in the late 1960s buying seaworms with my dad.  In the early 70s I was real good friends with the kid who managed it. I hung out there often.  The notorious Boston art thief Myles Connor frequented the shop (he was not a fisherman).  When he showed up I was told to leave.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

A lot of history associated with that shop, even before Gary took over.

The first place I ever called home

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, bradW said:

The first place I ever called home

Brad,

I was hoping you'd chime in on this thread. You were too young to remember, but I held you in my arms there when you were about 2 weeks old. I can't do it now. :laugh: . I still have my old Harnell your dad wrapped for me the year you were born.

Edited by bob_G

That place is classic. Love gary and his dog, a picture that strok be in my head forever. Most of the time he's just leaning back in his chair shooting the **** with patrons without a care in the world. Every spring i load up on canal jigs and bodies. What am I going to do now? Loved getting fresh macks on Wednesday or thursday too.

7 hours ago, stripedbassjeff said:

That place is classic. Love gary and his dog, a picture that strok be in my head forever. Most of the time he's just leaning back in his chair shooting the **** with patrons without a care in the world. Every spring i load up on canal jigs and bodies. What am I going to do now? Loved getting fresh macks on Wednesday or thursday too.

Best vibe out of all the shops. Place is perfect for canal basics. Too bad he couldnt open up across the street in that empty store front. Wouldnt be the same. Hope he's good financially