Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTR

Blue Hills Hunt

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

This is my first year applying for the archery hunt. I know the drawing took place yesterday, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Is it typically tough to get drawn for?

1 hour ago, FishermanTim said:

Then you have to check out the anti-hunting whack-jobs that camp out in the parking lots the days of the hunt.....

Can’t wait. 

I drive by the Blue Hills area on my way to work (Rte. 138) and when they have these hunts I relish in the fact that these clowns are doing anything important in the world.

It's also great to know that these same people are either too stupid to know where the hunters are, or too lazy to find out just how big the Blue Hills really are. (Although if they did they probably protest something easier...like a Burger King or McDonalds, where it's easy to find and they don't have to do any walking.)

The selections came out yesterday and I got in for Zone 1. Reading over the rules this morning. I find this rule interesting. I wonder how they differentiate between scouting and just walking through the woods.

2E4AAD6C-0A0C-47DC-99FF-C1F09A4E6E1F.jpeg

I think Zone one should be great. do they say where in the zone? The area is huge. From Ponkapoag to Hyde Park.

As for how to tell scouting from walking...That seems silly.

10 mins ago, Delta17 said:

As for how to tell scouting from walking...That seems silly.

I’m pretty curious about that one too... I have a feeling the EPO’s are scratching their heads about it too. 
If I’m in the woods looking for deer with the intent of coming back during the season to hunt them then I need three different documents, but if I’m the same guy just out for a stroll in the woods (doing the same thing) I’m all good?

There must be something I’m missing. 

Just this morning at about 3:30 on Canton Ave in Milton less than 1/2 mile from the base of the sky area I saw a beautiful, healthy doe. I was thinking about tenderloin and backstrap..... :drool:

(Unfortunately, I don't hunt, so....)

Edited by Steve in Mass

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, FishermanTim said:

Just stay on posted trails, don't wear camo and deer urine, and leave the bow at home?

Oh, and DON'T put your hands up to your head, thumbs in the ears, waving the fingers like the cartoon character impersonation of antlers.....you never know what could happen?

Just checked the state's F&G website.

The hunt is scheduled for two date periods.

Archery is from 11/11 thru 11/27

Shotgun (slug only) is 12/3 and 12/5

There will be antlerless permits as well (I believe for archery hunt only)

Driving to work during these periods should provide some entertainment on the way to work...