Samba Surf

WTB Wooden Plugs

14 posts in this topic

I’d like to buy an assortment of wooden plugs.  Not concerned about the cosmetics.  I have one Gibbs pencil that I love.  Hoping to get a few more wooden plugs good for a novice.  

Thanks

Here's an assortment for ya:

Left col:  all unknown builders. 

4.5" New blue w/silver sparkle scales and white belly slopehead surfster.  1.5 oz

4.5" Used skinny "Bob Hahn style" surfster in classic eel (Olive/cream) color. 1 oz.

5" Lightly used yellow/white darter. 2 oz.

Right col:

Used 5" Gibbs bottle plug in blue/silver/white.  1.25 oz

Used 6" Gibbs Danny, white w/silver sparkles.  2 oz.

Barely used 6" pencil in smokey Joe (black over silver) by SOL builder.  2.5 oz.

All hardware is in good to perfect condition.  All scrapes have been sealed with either Hard as Nails or Spar Urethane.  

$36, immediate PP and USPS First Class shipping with tracking #.

IMG_1971.JPG

Try these for size. Pencils are used Gibbs, popper is an FO! and unused. I'd send with new 4x 3/0 trebles for the Gibbs (if I can find them!). I'd do 20 paypal, shipped. I have some other metal lips too I could sell for cheap, most unknown builders if you're interested. 

IMG_3243.JPG.974734a4ca874b43f95789a43098bab8.JPG

9 hours ago, Good2Go said:

Try these for size. Pencils are used Gibbs, popper is an FO! and unused. I'd send with new 4x 3/0 trebles for the Gibbs (if I can find them!). I'd do 20 paypal, shipped. I have some other metal lips too I could sell for cheap, most unknown builders if you're interested. 

IMG_3243.JPG.974734a4ca874b43f95789a43098bab8.JPG

These look great!  Absolutely if you have a metal lip or a flat bottom pencil I’m interested in that as well. 

4 mins ago, MorningWood said:

give me an idea of what you are looking to spend and I will throw together a nice lot for you.

Thank you!  I would like to find wooden pencils, poppers and maybe a bottle and a metal lip.  I like basic colors like white blue and yellow.  I don’t mind if they’re beat up.  

2 hours ago, Samba Surf said:

Thank you!  I would like to find wooden pencils, poppers and maybe a bottle and a metal lip.  I like basic colors like white blue and yellow.  I don’t mind if they’re beat up.  

how much are you looking to spend? That will really determine how many and what makers I can include.

9 mins ago, MorningWood said:

how much are you looking to spend? That will really determine how many and what makers I can include.

But I would’ve gladly bought that giant Gibbs lot for $100 that just got sold in the WTS forum.