kooch

Rod Ticking/Clicking under retreive.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

i have an inshore rod that I really like paired with a Daiwa BG 3000. I have noticed when retrieving a lure I can hear/feel a slight ticking.

At first I thought it was something in the reel but after some inspection it appears its the line is slapping the inside one of the guide rings when

retrieving. Just curious if any of the experienced rod builders have seen this and what is it an indication of? Im assumming it a reel height issue

in relation to guide rings?

try a smaller  DIA.  spool reel an see what happen's. or a different line [ A little softer]  what can you loose, 

i am not sure but the softer line worked for me on one rod ,   

19 hours ago, jsid6g said:

try a smaller  DIA.  spool reel an see what happen's. or a different line [ A little softer]  what can you loose, 

i am nýot sure but the softer line worked for me on one rod ,   

I tried different lines and same thing. Im thinking you amy be on to something with reel spool diameter. I may try swapping this reel out with a smaller 2500 i have on my smaller inshore

Edited by kooch

On 10/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, jsid6g said:

the reel could also be the cause like a chipped tooth  on the gear train . do fill us in when you locate the answer ,

Reel is like brand new and ive had it apart. I didnt see anything obvious

Have you changed the reel out with a different one ?  all you have is reel & rod divide an isolate ,

reel , ckeck your guide for breaks , real seat loose , if this is new or has it been that way from the beginning ?