Dennis Herold

Surf Rod Builder

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Looking for someone that is really good to build me a 10'or 11' Surf Rod. Want a surf Rod built for the Jersey Shore stripper fishing and able to use in the winter for fishing in Ft Pierce Florida .If you know anybody please give me name and number. Thanks Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jersey shore strippers. A rod ~6” long with a pic of Ben Franklin on it works for the higher quality ones. The lower quality ones respond to an Abe well. I’d avoid the George’s....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A piece of free advice: I just built exactly the surf rod you want, for a friend of mine who moved to Rhode Island last year. I used a Rodgeeks blank, the 11-foot, 3-8 blank (SRF110MHMF2 is the model number). 

To say I was impressed is an understatement: the blank is beautiful, and very, very light. The damn rod is so nice that I'm tempted to give my bonehead friend an Ugly Stik, and keep this one for myself. 

You could do a lot worse than a Rodgeeks blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dennis Herold said:

. Want a surf Rod built for the Jersey Shore stripper fishing and able to use in the winter for fishing in Ft Pierce Florida

Without a doubt, go to Grumpys Tackle in Seaside. They specialize in surf rods - Bob runs the rod building area, and he is an avid surf fisherman. HE also spends several weeks in Trinidad Tarpon fishing every year. BOb will be the one building your rod. There is an ODM demo this Saturday at Grumpy's, I'll be there with a few rod building friends - it's an excellent chance to cast the ODM rods, and see what else they have in stock, and maybe cast those too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dennis Herold said:

Looking for someone that is really good to build me a 10'or 11' Surf Rod. Want a surf Rod built for the Jersey Shore stripper fishing and able to use in the winter for fishing in Ft Pierce Florida .If you know anybody please give me name and number. Thanks Dennis

Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 0:41 PM, Dennis Herold said:

Looking for someone that is really good to build me a 10'or 11' Surf Rod. Want a surf Rod built for the Jersey Shore stripper fishing and able to use in the winter for fishing in Ft Pierce Florida .If you know anybody please give me name and number. Thanks Dennis

Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 3:46 PM, Belmo said:

A piece of free advice: I just built exactly the surf rod you want, for a friend of mine who moved to Rhode Island last year. I used a Rodgeeks blank, the 11-foot, 3-8 blank (SRF110MHMF2 is the model number). 

To say I was impressed is an understatement: the blank is beautiful, and very, very light. The damn rod is so nice that I'm tempted to give my bonehead friend an Ugly Stik, and keep this one for myself. 

You could do a lot worse than a Rodgeeks blank.

Did the 10.. nice blank

A9E83167-C3A6-4F29-85D3-BC387CEFBFE0.jpeg

C28B2167-75B8-403A-85B9-7A9E4654F6CC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 mins ago, paul708 said:

This has been used for Just a bait rod.

 

It throws bunker no problem? I've been thinking about getting this and the the lighter 11",not sure just yet if I should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.