Turkey on the march.......

Rate this topic

fishnmagician

5 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

deplorables will be on the wrong side of history on this issue as well.

are you guys rooting for Trump to overthrow our Democracy and create a dictatorship?

that's the ONLY way the history books will paint your as the good guys.

You do understand that the United States of America is not a democracy right?  

Opinion piece from the Washington Examiner

Trump’s Kurdish betrayal is already reviving ISIS and hurting Israel

by Quin Hillyer

| October 09, 2019 05:13 PM

Print this article

SUBMIT

President Trump has betrayed and cut loose our Kurdish allies in northeast Syria. He says he wants to extricate American soldiers from “endless wars,” but this week he relocated no more than 100 U.S. personnel from a place of relative peace — a place where Americans were not being fired upon. Sure enough, on Wednesday that place already was bursting into open warfare. Trump surrendered peace and effectively invited Turkey to invade and take the fight to the people who had been fighting on our side against ISIS.

Some 1,000 U.S. personnel remain in Syria anyway. Trump hasn’t removed them, despite his ignorant Twitter posturing, but he has left them in a place less stable than it was before he cowered in front of the Islamist Turkish thug, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. If the Kurds are unable to ward off the Turks’ vicious assault, it stands to reason that the first role they will abandon is that of jail keeper for 10-12,000 ISIS fighters. Once escaped, those ISIS fighters surely will terrorize the U.S. and its allies.

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney, one of Trump’s staunchest allies on Capitol Hill, summed up the situation concisely in a Tweet calling the situation “sickening.”

“Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa,” she wrote. “Impossible to understand why @realDonaldTrump is leaving America’s allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS.”

As Cheney accurately noted, the problem Trump let loose isn’t just that Turkey is attacking. The worst is that ISIS sleeper cells, in timing that appears coordinated and that at least was triggered by the obvious opportunity afforded them, already unleashed what has been described as a “large-scale attack” on Kurdish security bases. Not only does this give the lie to Trump’s repeated assertion that he “defeated” ISIS, but it shows that his decision has unleashed them. It isn’t just the Kurds who will suffer.

A bit beneath the radar, the abandonment of the Kurds also puts Israel at somewhat greater risk. Kurdish patrols throughout eastern Syria had effectively made it more difficult for Iran to send aid through Shi’ite areas of Iraq to the Hezbollah terrorists making mischief for Israel from the area of the Golan Heights. Now, with Kurds fighting for their own lives in northeast Syria, a corridor opens for Iranian-Hezbollah threats to Israel.

In sum, not a single discernible American interest was secured by Trump’s decision. The bloodbath that already has begun will be Trump’s fault.

5 hours ago, fishweewee said:

Don't forget Obama created ISIS.

Where are the Europeans?

This is their backyard.

You admit that USA created ISIS and  next you want Europeans to clean mess you make there ? Did I say that I like  Murica  :banghd:

You‘re at the mercy of whatever talent you have

20 mins ago, jkrock said:

macedonia is another country that shoudln't be in NATO

You can still stop that , please do that !

Kurds...........you armed  them to FIGHT Assad not ISIS .....Short memory or what ?Assad MUST go ....................Assad MUST go.....Assad MUST go .............You forget that , a ?

We come we see his is dead???  You  allowed that crazy women to use your Army , your kids for WHAT ???

5 hours ago, fishweewee said:

Where are the Europeans?

This is their backyard.

Yes , it is our backyard. BUT it is not yours , so what the hell you are doing there ???

20 mins ago, Keltan said:

You can still stop that , please do that !

Kurds...........you armed  them to FIGHT Assad not ISIS .....Short memory or what ?Assad MUST go ....................Assad MUST go.....Assad MUST go .............You forget that , a ?

We come we see his is dead???  You  allowed that crazy women to use your Army , your kids for WHAT ???

I’d let Russia annex FYROM without blinking an eye.  Encourage it even 

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

10 mins ago, jkrock said:

What bad is Russia done to EU or to Macedonia in last 70 years ? We  feel the consequences of USA adventure in ME !! Some day ago again terror in Germany ...Allahu akbar  , again  .Thanks to USA ! Please don't defend us anymore   , please !

17 mins ago, jkrock said:

What do you think , why Kurds take your side ? To fight ISIS ? Someone  promise to them something more important to them then the fight against ISIS ....and at the end they let them down ......I think you just create  another one dangerous enemy against you   . But USA is master in creating enemy , if there is no one you  will invent it :headscratch:

24 mins ago, jkrock said:

You have no idea how funny that sound to me  .What is your/west offer to us ? Gay marriage to become legal in Macedonia ?? Sorry , but no ! I don t like your distorted view of  things and that is all you can offer ! Russia offer  cheap gas :p

11 mins ago, Keltan said:

You have no idea how funny that sound to me  .What is your/west offer to us ? Gay marriage to become legal in Macedonia ?? Sorry , but no ! I don t like your distorted view of  things and that is all you can offer ! Russia offer  cheap gas :p

You can use the ladies room

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

7 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

the jokes and high fives about the likely massacre of the Kurds won't be a good look.

they were our allies in the fight against ISIS.

to just declare the war with ISIS over and allow them to be slaughtered is shameful

the fact you guys see it as funny is deplorable.

Your right Frank.   ISIS  will be back ? 

Trump is bad , he’s out of control 

We will pay for this in time ? 

He has to go.