Bob Hahn ID please

jsbergen

22 hours ago, jsbergen said:

First please excuse my ignorance as I am still learning about his plugs. I believe this to be the atom40 with a Surfster lip?  Can anyone please confirm or correct me if I’m wrong.  Thanks. 

97EBA6CE-29A5-4DBB-92E3-DB705F22F226.jpeg

185943DE-765E-4569-91FE-CEC0A00FB348.jpeg

C4BD93C7-A904-4E2D-AEC7-B183A2499EFC.jpeg

Paint, eyes, lip and shape made by Hahn

that piece,my friend is called and Adams!

to be safe,I sealed[submerged in polyurethane] all of the plugs I bought from Bob,not sure how he sealed them but,sometimes they would get "heavy" as H-1 said.

Bob also gave me a few free ones since I bought direct from him.
he was a really nice guy too,he even sent me my order without money because I sent his wife an email with what I wanted and what colors,she gave it to him and he made them then sent them.

she told me that he told her I would come through with the payment and not to worry.

when the money got to them,he said to her "see,I told you he'd come through".

too bad he has passed quite some time ago now,he was a nice guy.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

9 hours ago, Drew C. said:

I wouldn't say 'surfster' lip. Bob used spinner blades for his lips early on. imho - those were(are) the good ones.

One thing I’m sure of is that is surely a Surfster style lip.  I was confused because I’m not used to seeing a pikie with that style lip. 

You can call it whatever style you want - it's a bent spinner blade. That's what was on the originals regardless of the body type. Later run lures used stainless lips.

The earlier plugs are the best ones. They definitely had a tendency to soak up water but they usually worked better when that happened. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

That plug looks like one his later models, just by giving it the eye test.  Couple years ago you could have bought them by the truck load.  Looks like whoever had it removed the bucktail flag and replaced it with a huge split ring and treble probably to help cast it a little further.  What exactly is the question?  It's an atom plug with a peened coloroado blade.  Guess you can call it a surfster lip if you want to, except this is not a surfster plug.  As far as value is concerned...not much if anything at all. 

11 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

That plug looks like one his later models, just by giving it the eye test.  Couple years ago you could have bought them by the truck load.  Looks like whoever had it removed the bucktail flag and replaced it with a huge split ring and treble probably to help cast it a little further.  What exactly is the question?  It's an atom plug with a peened coloroado blade.  Guess you can call it a surfster lip if you want to, except this is not a surfster plug.  As far as value is concerned...not much if anything at all. 

Oh I wasn’t looking for anything value related. As I stated I wasn’t certain of all Bob produced and wanted to know what style body it was.