JerseyMike609

Jersey Lures

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Lol I need that,I'm jealous of how neat your gear is!

Thank you, it only looks like this half the time of course, especially after giving the plugs a rinse, I hang them up and ask myself "ok, what do I really not need out there next time" All in all, I have had dedicated fishing junk drawers in my big tool box, and that just becomes a mess or junk collector. This made it easier to just walk out the door haha. I recommend it.

8 hours ago, hobobob said:

He just need more stuff. As long as you know what you have, it's not hording. :laugh:

You are absolutely correct, it's an inventory check. Furthermore, the more decoys I keep up on the wall makes my fiancee think I havent been fishing as much:angel: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

Try and find a Hooker Pencil Popper. You can walk the dog, it slaps the water nice if you pop it, and at a slow retrieve it swims really nice. Picked it up at SurfDay a few yrs back.

6034C1A9-6A01-4D74-93F6-32BBFE1D964F.jpeg

Hey, where can I find one of these to buy? Also what's the Name of lure, and maker please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EricDice said:

Are you referring to “swimming” a popper?

 

I had one once many years ago when I first started plugging. Lost it and haven’t picked up another one. 

 

I haven’t tried this method with other poppers because they don’t seem to swim as much or at all.

 

(The biggest of the Atom sinking poppers does have some motion but I don’t have much faith in those.)

Black eyed SS is all you really need. It swims like a ML and casts like a bullet. I just started swimmin them this past spring and it was up there for my top producer of the season. Its hard to explain what it sounds like when a GIANT explodes on top water 100yds away in the dead of night, but its something like a gunshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 8:20 PM, Goldy said:

Fish white. Chartuese most of time   Dont ask chewy

This guy is scared to fish dark plugs.

he thinks the fish can't see them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tymers112 said:

Hey, where can I find one of these to buy? Also what's the Name of lure, and maker please?

I think the maker is hooker lures, but I have only seen them at spring shows, Surfday-Brookdale college and Asbury Park show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Black eyed SS is all you really need. It swims like a ML and casts like a bullet. I just started swimmin them this past spring and it was up there for my top producer of the season. Its hard to explain what it sounds like when a GIANT explodes on top water 100yds away in the dead of night, but its something like a gunshot.

One of best plugs made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tymers112 said:

Hey, where can I find one of these to buy? Also what's the Name of lure, and maker please?

Just looked at the plug again, it’s not Hooker it’s Hook R 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

Just looked at the plug again, it’s not Hooker it’s Hook R 

Hook R okay. Is there a specific name for the lure? Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bayyaker54 said:

Just looked at the plug again, it’s not Hooker it’s Hook R 

Hook R is on FB. Not sure if you could copy the pic then go to his FB and send him the pic and ask him to make you one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

Hook R is on FB. Not sure if you could copy the pic then go to his FB and send him the pic and ask him to make you one. 

@bayyaker54 That's a good idea, I did find him on FB, and sent him a message earlier, but no response. I guess when he does reply back, I will ask if he can help out. Thanks again for your assistance! Fish ON!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Saltine109 said:

Thank you, it only looks like this half the time of course, especially after giving the plugs a rinse, I hang them up and ask myself "ok, what do I really not need out there next time" All in all, I have had dedicated fishing junk drawers in my big tool box, and that just becomes a mess or junk collector. This made it easier to just walk out the door haha. I recommend it.

You are absolutely correct, it's an inventory check. Furthermore, the more decoys I keep up on the wall makes my fiancee think I havent been fishing as much:angel: 

Lol,I just placed a order today for a single tube and eel pouch with bucktail holders that I'll also carry gulp in during the summer.Im hoping that limiting what I carry will help with my "problem".....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Lol,I just placed a order today for a single tube and eel pouch with bucktail holders that I'll also carry gulp in during the summer.Im hoping that limiting what I carry will help with my "problem".....

Right on, certainly should. Streamlining and traveling lighter but with what's needed has been a big help for me, but undoubtedly tough to implement over the years. Definitely part of my learning experience over time. Essentially, being able to to hang up all of my stuff and not overstuff my tacklebox that I take out with me on an outing just makes it easier out there. I feel confident with the time under my belt, but no single guy knows everything there is to know and that's how I get better:rav:   

Edited by Saltine109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what you're targeting. I'm assuming you mean bass and blues. In south jersey, I mainly use jigs and bucktails with plastics. obviously if they are blitzing, ill use topwater and bigger stuff. SP minnows and other jerkbaits can be money too, especially with blues around. I love metals such as epoxies, diamonds and other lead minnows for blues and pelagics. my surf bag is pretty simple. i got a plug box with lots of jerkbaits and topwaters (spooks and poppers), i have a jig box with jigs and bucktails (checkout broadsteet bucktails on insta for fire jigs), and i have my metal box. i also have my plastic pouch which has mainly white and pink zoom super flukes along with some swimbaits, other fluke style baits, and some gulp. i try to carry a large variety of gear but i tend to fish light stuff in south jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.