JerseyMike609

Jersey Lures

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, 55555s said:

 

+1 .    I dont think I can claim a single fish on a needle.  I dont fish them much at all (anymore) though.  

I caught a keeper on a 9” choopy reached down to unhook hook, the fish did a flip then bam, had to take that  choopy to the ER to get it out of my hand. Last time I used it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Do you go with a Dark color at night or do you fish the same colors regardless?

Fish white. Chartuese most of time   Dont ask chewy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

I caught a keeper on a 9” choopy reached down to unhook hook, the fish did a flip then bam, had to take that  choopy to the ER to get it out of my hand. Last time I used it.

Ah crap.  Thats gotta stink.

 

I wired my fingers together as a kid.   It was with a jitterbug I was keeping under my bed to give to my dad as a bday gift.  

 

Coupla trebles wired my pointer and thumb together. Dopey doc got it stuck in his hand getting them out.  

 

Thankfully never got "connected" while a fish was still attached.  

 

Back to the pencils, I think its the confidence thing.   They just didnt work for me, and I gave up on them.  Then you tend not to go to it because... well because you usually dont so why bother? 

 

Maybe I'll give it try again.  Lotta frshwater going on for us right now, dont htink I'll be in the salt for a bit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Do you go with a Dark color at night or do you fish the same colors regardless?

Full moon more light i always use lighter colors. Or some spots at night that always are kinda lit up (maybe AC area) as an example. I go with lighter stuff like white and yellow. But on those newer moon over cast nights at a place with no light pollution I'm using black or black and purple. But I still think yellow and white would work I think darker the better on those super dark nights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goldy said:

Duh. Sorry i meant single dressed

The single dress hook does not hinder the action on the glider. Especially on a heavier 2 1/2 oz plug.  I think that a dressed hook might hinder the action on a smaller glider, but on the RG, it adds to the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

What is the name of that rack?I just made a post on tackle storage and I could use this!

 Haha, well I'm glad you asked. It's called Wall Control. Actually a  really awesome kit. Comes with with two panels and tons of different hooks, as well as attachable shelf, and of course accepts pegboard fittings. Turns out to be perfect for hanging plugs as you can see and other gear

20191010_002040.jpg

Edited by Saltine109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 55555s said:

Back to the pencils, I think its the confidence thing.   They just didnt work for me, and I gave up on them.  Then you tend not to go to it because... well because you usually dont so why bother? 

 

Maybe I'll give it try again.  Lotta frshwater going on for us right now, dont htink I'll be in the salt for a bit.  

Do you ever use a spook in freshwater? You can work a pencil the same exact way. Drop the tip for slack, then pull that slack tight to get the pencil to dart to one side, drop the tip for slack and repeat.

 

I work my pencils much slower than most, but I'll speed it up frantically if I see a follower. *Put a dressed hook on the back so the fish has something to target when striking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Saltine109 said:

 Haha, well I'm glad you asked. It's called Wall Control. Actually a  really awesome kit. Comes with with two panels and tons of different hooks, as well as attachable shelf, and of course accepts pegboard fittings. Turns out to be perfect for hanging plugs as you can see and other gear

20191010_002040.jpg

Lol I need that,I'm jealous of how neat your gear is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Ever fish one at night? :drool:

Are you referring to “swimming” a popper?

 

I had one once many years ago when I first started plugging. Lost it and haven’t picked up another one. 

 

I haven’t tried this method with other poppers because they don’t seem to swim as much or at all.

 

(The biggest of the Atom sinking poppers does have some motion but I don’t have much faith in those.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 8:24 PM, 55555s said:

Ah crap.  Thats gotta stink.

 

I wired my fingers together as a kid.   It was with a jitterbug I was keeping under my bed to give to my dad as a bday gift.  

 

Coupla trebles wired my pointer and thumb together. Dopey doc got it stuck in his hand getting them out.  

 

Thankfully never got "connected" while a fish was still attached.  

 

Back to the pencils, I think its the confidence thing.   They just didnt work for me, and I gave up on them.  Then you tend not to go to it because... well because you usually dont so why bother? 

 

Maybe I'll give it try again.  Lotta frshwater going on for us right now, dont htink I'll be in the salt for a bit.  

Try and find a Hooker Pencil Popper. You can walk the dog, it slaps the water nice if you pop it, and at a slow retrieve it swims really nice. Picked it up at SurfDay a few yrs back.

6034C1A9-6A01-4D74-93F6-32BBFE1D964F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.