JerseyMike609

Jersey Lures

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

I know the lures everyone uses depends alot on the area you are fishing,I'm from Central/Soulth Jersey and my go to lures are Bucktails,Tins,Sp Minnow,Doc Jr,Little Neck Popper and a variety of Swimbaits. What els is everyone in Jesrsey throwing?

23 mins ago, JimK said:

Mambo minnows, bucktails, darters, soft plastics, redfin's, bombers, Danny's

I fish Darters once in a while trying to build up my confidence with them but I'd like to throw them more,Any tips?

17 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

I fish Darters once in a while trying to build up my confidence with them but I'd like to throw them more,Any tips?

Moving water is the key. Cast out. Keep contact with plug and reel slow. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

46 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

What Goldy said.. I would just add cast out  straight across the current and rather than reel in slow, give some twitches as the lure swings across the current.  Then don't reel in right away after the darter completes it's swing .  Let it dangle in the current.  Sweeo the rod back a bit and let the darter fall back with the current again.  Repeat.. alot of times this will generate a good strike!

Edited by JimK
fumble fingers

2 hours ago, JimK said:

What Goldy said.. I would just add cast out  straight across the current and rather than reel in slow, give some twitches as the lure swings across the current.  Then don't reel in right away after the darter completes it's swing .  Let it dangle in the current.  Sweeo the rod back a bit and let the darter fall back with the current again.  Repeat.. alot of times this will generate a good strike!

Thanks!

Everyone outside of NJ views it as the " pencil popper state". I always found that funny because I have zero love for pencils. probably because im mostly a night guy i guess. 

1 hour ago, jsbergen said:

Everyone outside of NJ views it as the " pencil popper state". I always found that funny because I have zero love for pencils. probably because im mostly a night guy i guess. 

Same, I have one, never fish it. I just started utilizing a talking popper which I've finally learned how to ****ing fish. Now it's fun casting out, otherwise, I truly lacked in my topwater game. Otherwise, a midnight blue mag darter, yo zuri hydro minnow (also sp minnows, chicken scratch specifically) and a plethora of shads have been my number 1#'s (the heavy sinking white tsunami shad has come in handy so many times, especially in heavy wind. a must have 

20191009_014544.jpg

Ava, MamboMinnow, deadly dick, littleneckpopper are some standards from a guy who fishes more than I do.

SpMinnow, bucktail, kastmaster, egg n teaser are some gotos for me.