New tax in taxachusetts

Rate this topic

Dave588

Its simply to encourage all the drivers who dont have access to mass transit, to mass transit. The money goes to provide services to those lucky enough to ride the "t" for $84 month unlimited. Because, as the state neglected to maintain rail lines which had to be stolen from private business, there are no parking garages or exits to merge highway traffic with any mass transit. The commuting sun uvabitch has screwed this up for everyone. 

So drop your white goods on a rail line any chance you get. 

Which "new" tax are you referring to?

We're being driven back to the state of Taxachusetts again!

They brag about all the new housing being built in the city, but hate to mention that there is NO parking available and Mass Transit is about as reliable as a Kennedy as designated driver at an open bar!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Why is it always liberal Democrat high tax states that have the best fishing for Stripers, Salmon and Steelhead?! All the states with livable tax rates do not have this fishery.

Florida and Texas would be great with great fishing, but not for the fish I like to fish for.

Retired 3 years ago and would love to relocate closer to this fishery, but couldn't afford it because of the taxes and high cost of living. Wish these states would wake up, take care of the residents in their own state, reduce the size of the government and reduce taxes. I guess not in my lifetime. 

Depends where you live in these states. If you are in an affluent area you are in good shape, if not you are out of luck. I live in tax happy NJ. The taxes are sky high and the education leaves much to desired depending on zip code. I wound up paying through the nose for my 3 kids in parochial grammar and high school, in addition to paying sky high taxes for sub standard education my kids never used. 

2 hours ago, gray gables said:

Don’t forget about the inheritance tax you have to pay on any estate worth over 1.2 million. 

Keep in mind if the estate exceeds 1.2 million, you pay taxes on the entire amount not the excess over 1.2 million.  Buyer beware!

10 hours ago, yemista said:

I guess you guys don't value children's education?

Government has no business being in the education business, so moot point.

As to the PFML goes, this one especially pissses me off as I gained NOTHING from it, my employer already provided all the benefits that it does, but now I have to pay the 0.75% anyway, as do they. And from what I understand, the benefits don;t even start until 2013. How can you be forced to pay a tax for something that you won't even be eligible for for over a year? :squid::mad:

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

36 mins ago, capesams said:

we're going through this now....it's one million...where are you getting 1.2 from ?...big difference between the two.

1.1 to be exact. Anything over you pay on the whole amount not just the overage. My grandmothers stuff was all in a trust for over 30 yrs. It’s taken over a year to get her estate settled. 

1 hour ago, Steve in Mass said:

Government has no business being in the education business, so moot point.

As to the PFML goes, this one especially pissses me off as I gained NOTHING from it, my employer already provided all the benefits that it does, but now I have to pay the 0.75% anyway, as do they. And from what I understand, the benefits don;t even start until 2013. How can you be forced to pay a tax for something that you won't even be eligible for for over a year? :squid::mad:

They can apply for a waiver if they already have an existing plan that equals or exceeds the state's. I've actually gotten a few solicitations from insurance companies that will sign us up for a qualifying plan at supposedly comparable rates. They're pushing the angle of not having to pay in for 2 years without any benefits.  

I'll have mine on the rocks.