y0ukn0wit

Night Fishing Permit - LI

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the address and hours of operation for the Jones Beach Office? I want to pick up my night parking permit this week and I am not able to find the info online. Any help much appreciated!

It closes at either 5 or 5:30 on weekdays, not sure when it opens. It's on the boardwalk, you can usually park in the administration building lot if all you're doing is grabbing the permit. If you're coming from the north. It's the exit right before the needle on the south side. Or you can just park at one of the other fields and walk on the boardwalk, building is between boardwalk cafe and the boardwalk theater.

Check the rules and dates.  I know the 4x4 permit requires proof of equipment like a shovel and porta potty.   They also have a time of year you can get the permit.  Like winter to early spring.  Had the permit 2003-2008 or so when I lived down there.

No idea if the night fishing is any different. Might need vehicle registration or atleast know the plate number.  Possibly need your fishing license handy when you go to.

NIGHT SPORT FISHING PERMIT Requirements: Fee of $35.00, $60-Out of State, Vehicle Registration, Driver’s License and DEC Marine registry is required Permit is valid for fishing after sunset only from April 1-December 31, except where noted

Capture.PNG

8 hours ago, Jackflag said:

NIGHT SPORT FISHING PERMIT Requirements: Fee of $35.00, $60-Out of State, Vehicle Registration, Driver’s License and DEC Marine registry is required Permit is valid for fishing after sunset only from April 1-December 31, except where noted

Capture.PNG

Perfect - thanks is again

FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE BEACH VEHICLE FISHING PERMIT
Requirements:
Fee of $80.00, $125-Out of State, Vehicle Registration, Driver’s License and DEC Marine registry is required
Permit is ONLY valid for fishing at: Hither Hills (Year round)
Montauk Point (Year round) Napeague (Year round)
Robert Moses (Democrat Point and Sore Thumb) - April 1 - December 31, hours vary
Sold at: Babylon Headquarters - Permit Office (beginning January 2nd), Jones Beach, Montauk Downs, Robert Moses and Sunken Meadow
Permits are only sold January 1 – March 31 and the Tuesday after Labor Day - December 31.

18 hours ago, gln826 said:

You can buy them now, half price after Labor Day, good through December 31.

I just got off the phone with the Jones Beach office and the night fishing permits are $35 (good until the end of the year), which is in line with this PDF: https://parks.ny.gov/regions/attachments/2018DashboardPermitGuide.pdf