Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingnuke

Whats considerd the back side of MC

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

42 mins ago, fishingnuke said:

So does the back side include the Shrewsbury and Navesink rivers or just the West side of the Raritan bay.

On SOL, “in the back” means the bays, sounds, tidal creeks and rivers. No need to be more specific. 

3 hours ago, richie c said:

And we all need to be up front,:D

Sometimes the front is unavailable or explicitly off limits, in which case “in the back” might start sounding like a good idea. 

Pretty much all waters west of sea bright, even  places where one needs a freshwater license. The bayshore is a whole other animal. look at some maps and go out and explore, for different tides/wind directions, access points etc. Plenty of places, some work better at high tide, others low tide and spring and fall can be different. One could spend a lifetime hunting around for spots. Part of the charm of fishing. Best part is rarely crowded and often all alone.

16 hours ago, EricDice said:

Sometimes the front is unavailable or explicitly off limits, in which case “in the back” might start sounding like a good idea. 

Tongue in cheek ;)

On 10/8/2019 at 3:42 PM, fishingnuke said:

So does the back side include the Shrewsbury and Navesink rivers or just the West side of the Raritan bay.

Nuke.. I know you already knew the answer... You've been around loooonnngg enuf. 

3 hours ago, JimK said:

Nuke.. I know you already knew the answer... You've been around loooonnngg enuf. 

Truthfuly the back other then the Shrewsbury and Navesink has never been my forte, now in my old age i want to learn the back bay..