Garshark572

Lure ID

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Garshark572 said:

I got this darter in a lot of lures and the owner didnt know who made it.  It has never been fished and doesnt have any type of makers mark on it.

20191008_124956.jpg

20191008_125002.jpg

20191008_124937.jpg

looks well made.

I never fished one and don't know how good they are.

have you tried it out?

HH

Swims like a stick .. 

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say ya got it at the show on 110 like 2 years ago .. dude had bins full . I think I paid 5$ for 2 lol how can ya say no for that price .. but all they worth is some extra hooks and hardware .. maybe hang it from the wife’s rear view , or yours if pinks your thing , not that there anything wrong with that 

23 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Swims like a stick .. 

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say ya got it at the show on 110 like 2 years ago .. dude had bins full . I think I paid 5$ for 2 lol how can ya say no for that price .. but all they worth is some extra hooks and hardware .. maybe hang it from the wife’s rear view , or yours if pinks your thing , not that there anything wrong with that 

lol. I think the same guy still have bins full, and other metal lips also. I dissected one. It's some kind of hardwood outer shell with a soft wood dowel in the center, so no 2 will swim the same if they swim at all.  They are heavily painted to disguise the crappy two part build.  

22 mins ago, hobobob said:

lol. I think the same guy still have bins full, and other metal lips also. I dissected one. It's some kind of hardwood outer shell with a soft wood dowel in the center, so no 2 will swim the same if they swim at all.  They are heavily painted to disguise the crappy two part build.  

I always forget if it Rhode Island lures or. Rhode Island poppers that’s the cheap Chineseium garbage 

I know very little about lure building . Why would someone take the time & effort to use a soft wooden core encased in a hardwood ? Is there a practical reason for this ? Thank you 

On 10/9/2019 at 8:49 AM, oneeyewilly said:

I know very little about lure building . Why would someone take the time & effort to use a soft wooden core encased in a hardwood ? Is there a practical reason for this ? Thank you 

Cause they not hand made , they pumped out by machines in China .. 

On 10/8/2019 at 6:49 PM, Wire For Fire said:

I always forget if it Rhode Island lures or. Rhode Island poppers that’s the cheap Chineseium garbage 

Rhode Island Lures stole the designs and logos from Rhode Island Poppers. 

Rhode Island popers was owned by my friend Armand. A great guy and hell of a fisherman. Made quality plugs I still have 5.

It was a shame. He just packed it up instead of legally fighting the guy.

30 mins ago, reelfire said:

Rhode Island popers was owned by my friend Armand. A great guy and hell of a fisherman. Made quality plugs I still have 5.

Yea I remember hearing that story .. crazy .. 

Trademark legal battle is EXTREMELY expensive and can drag on for years. Simply not worth it for an average joe, even if he win at the end, there won't be anything left for him at the end after legal fee. 

1 hour ago, reelfire said:

Don't forget to thank the guy with bins full of these lures at these shows - he's obviously importing the Chinese knockoff junk from the company that forced Armand out of business :read:

Armand was a very nice guy and has been a member here for a long time...sucks to hear he shut down his business :(

TimS

26 mins ago, TimS said:

Don't forget to thank the guy with bins full of these lures at these shows - he's obviously importing the Chinese knockoff junk from the company that forced Armand out of business :read:

Armand was a very nice guy and has been a member here for a long time...sucks to hear he shut down his business :(

TimS

He shut it down years ago.