Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysWading

Good boat for Sea Bassin' ?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I did pretty good on the Norma K in point pleasant a few weeks ago.  Bass wasn't open yet, but pulled some nice ones up.  Fluke was a bit slow, but I caught a few of those too.   Had my own setup, and used a hi lo rig.  spearing / squid on the bottom, green 3" berkley gulp mullet on top.  Every bass but one took the mullet.  Maybe 80ft of water where we were, used my river striper live liner reels with 20lb mono and 6oz of weight.  Think the hooks I used were mustad 1/0 bait holders.

Jamaica 2 has 12 and 14 hour trips.  Book on the website to reserve a spot.  Everyone will probably be railed next week since this week is a blowout.

Edit:  Actually just checked, the midweek trips next week are 7:30 - 4:30

Edited by Tom T

We wound-up staying local and going out on the Starlight out of Cape May. We ran 30 miles or so ,pretty much every one limited out on Sea Bass,with some Porgy and Bluefish in the mix.5dc44830e3cbb_seabass1.jpg.312bfd140a43301cd685d2f0e01817ee.jpg

porgy.jpg

Late report. I went on Capt Lou (Atlantic Pearl/ old Super Ranger) with Capt Gillespie the day after Turkey. It was rough as hell. A very good; but not great trip. Easy limits of BIG Biscuits. We had 2,3 & 4 but not the biggest :mad:. We got those on strips baits. Bergall was slightly better than Bluefish. Got Scup & Ling; but no Baccala.