Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCH

Fishing the UK in November

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have business in London in mid-November and I thought about flying out early to take a day to fish.  I know next to nothing about fishing in the UK, so I thought the members here might help.

I'm sure I could find some trout fishing, but are there any saltwater fisheries available?

Thanks!

JCH.

I just stopped laughing about salt water fishing. It’s possible if you can find a Fly Guide to fish in November. But even in prime months it’s rock hard and our Bass are tiny. It is about ten times easier to catch Stripers on the fly than our Bass. As a newbie reality is almost zero chance.

Chalk Streams close end of Sep early Oct.

But good reservoir trout fishing is available to the end of Nov. Google up Draycote. Bank is my choice in November. Buzzers and PT . No need for sunk lines and lures.

Floating Lines. Long leaders mostly min length 15 feet. Three flies small Black Buzers cast across the wind.. Cost £18 a day for C and R. You can pay a bit more if you want to kill some.  Typical 2 to 4 lb.

concrete Bowl Farmoor in Oxford shire. 

Grayling is still in season. Just google it up.

mike

Jc

Did you google up Draycote. Please do if you have not done so yet. It is one of our best still water fisheries.

I am in Ireland in early Nov. But from the 9 th if you wanted I could spend a day fishing Draycote with you. It starts at 07:30 and at that time of year ends around 16:00. 

Pound is on its back side so you will do very well using your dollars to buy them. Mind London is darned expensive. Like stupidly expensive. But come north and you find very friendly people slower pace . Many different accents and decent cheap beer. And some good fishing.

I could never afford to drink beer in a pub in London.

Mike

Should be some grayling fishing available on the chalk streams in November. Google fishingbreaks and give them a call.

Most if the fishing will be 1.5 hours out of London.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:38 PM, Mike Oliver said:

Did you google up Draycote. Please do if you have not done so yet. It is one of our best still water fisheries.

I am in Ireland in early Nov. But from the 9 th if you wanted I could spend a day fishing Draycote with you. It starts at 07:30 and at that time of year ends around 16:00. 

I did and it looks like a blast.  Thank you much for your offer to join me.   I'm afraid my plans have shifted, and I won't be able to extend my trip.  A shame!