coolhandfluke

buck showalter to the phillies ?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Somehow Showalter is going to make that staff win 15 more games?  They should clean house, trade for promising minor leaguers and draft picks.  

They need new scouting, player development, and rest of front office.

Front office stays in place, only 1 fired is the mgr.  That is the report anyway.  As for who comes in as the new mgr I have no idea but Buck doesn't get me excited. 

as a mets fan, nothing the phils do could make me happier than pairing buck showalter and bryce harper 

maybe dusty baker, but i dont think philthy mgmt has the cojones to do that

Edited by gobigblue

Well they got the best candidate- Phillies got Girardi. Congrats!  And if you're a Mets fan then i guess you get to suffer for at least another 2 or 3 more seasons, but realistically longer.

Girardi is the new Phils manager and I hope it is a good pick.  Has the background.  Let's see what he does with the players. I hope he is a better taskmaster than Kapler.  One of his problems was he was too easy on the players.  Does Girardi like small ball and the basics.  Hopes he is a better baseball man and is not tied to analytics.

15 hours ago, Knight771 said:

Girardi is the new Phils manager and I hope it is a good pick.  Has the background.  Let's see what he does with the players. I hope he is a better taskmaster than Kapler.  One of his problems was he was too easy on the players.  Does Girardi like small ball and the basics.  Hopes he is a better baseball man and is not tied to analytics.

Phils need a lot more than just a manager.  They need to add at least three new pitchers.  Otherwise they are targeting wild card and one and done.

On 10/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, Steve_in_PA said:

Phils need a lot more than just a manager.  They need to add at least three new pitchers.  Otherwise they are targeting wild card and one and done.

Steve, I agree  They need some key position players also such as third base  But you are correct.  Starting pitching is their achillies heel.  But here I was just commenting on the manager.  Now they need to get rid of Klentak.