John O'

Had to put her down.

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

20 years was a great run, but Bessie was just plum tuckered out. Her first accessories were two car seats and a booster seat for my kids who are now 25, 22 and 20.  She went kicking and screamimg bucking and lurching like she knew. 

IMG_3013.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, ByronPA said:

That's sweet ...It is 4wd, right?

2wd

2013 Ford F150 XLT, 6 cylinders, which is all I need. Got a good deal from a family friend, had it for one day and I already know I'll always drive a pickup from now on. Wife thought it was waste but loves it and already has plans for stuff she wants moved. :laugh:

And believe it or not it's green, very very dark green, up until I brought it home I thought it was black, my son pointed it out to me yesterday.  :headscratch:

Edited by John O'

1 hour ago, John O' said:

2wd

2013 Ford F150 XLT, 6 cylinders, which is all I need. Got a good deal from a family friend, had it for one day and I already know I'll always drive a pickup from now on. Wife thought it was waste but loves it and already has plans for stuff she wants moved. :laugh:

And believe it or not it's green, very very dark green, up until I brought it home I thought it was black, my son pointed it out to me yesterday.  :headscratch:

Nice. Same color as my 250.

I call it "Game Warden Green"

2 hours ago, John O' said:

20 years was a great run, but Bessie was just plum tuckered out. Her first accessories were two car seats and a booster seat for my kids who are now 25, 22 and 20.  She went kicking and screamimg bucking and lurching like she knew. 

IMG_3013.JPG

It's never easy.  They become like family.  (Enjoy the new wheels)

13 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

It's never easy.  They become like family.  (Enjoy the new wheels)

Funny you should say that.  In between putting it down and getting the new truck the kids and my wife and then I started talking about some of the good times we had in her, totally unsolicited; great ski trips, trips to the grandparents beach house, drop offs and pickups at schools, move in days at college, first day driving her after getting permits, first time driving it alone, etc. I told the kids I never knew it would be this emotional, and they replied "Well, YOU named it Bessie!" :laugh: