Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fvgourami3

anyone use this reel?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Heyo

Concept z. The bright one. I know all about it but has anyone used it for tog. I built a little 4'9'' acid wrapped tog rod im pairing it with. Says it has a bulldog drag system? I D K haha. 

If you have used one let me know!

Anyway both my yak and skiff are quite wet, so i wanted something to withstand the spray. 

Edited by fvgourami3

Haven't seen one used for tog. If it will put out 8-10 lbs of drag and is geared below 6:1 it will probably work. Have no comment on spray resistance.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Haven't seen one used for tog. If it will put out 8-10 lbs of drag and is geared below 6:1 it will probably work. Have no comment on spray resistance.

has 22 pounds. I just do inshore. I guess if its a failure i will just use my saltiga. Fast retrieve on mine, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. ill report back...

Edited by fvgourami3

Try it. Why not? There are plenty of $100 to $200 reels that seem fine. I was going to buy a Diawa Tatula but just put a couple of old Tica Taurus 4000 reels on. I'm only using 15lb braid so I have no use for more than 8-10lbs of drag which is about the max those will put out. 

Just remember to test the drag with the reel mounted on the rod with line running through the guides and the rod bent.