cashews121

Trout Rod

23 posts in this topic

Id like a decent spinning rod at least 6 1/2ft,,for hatchery trout...throwing 1/8oz Kastmasters..Roostertails etc...4lb test Trilene XL..any suggestions?

Check Get Bit Outdoors. They have some nice Rainshadow RX on special. There's a nice blank for $50. They don't kill you on shipping either.

Fits your needs.

21 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

Check Get Bit Outdoors. They have some nice Rainshadow RX on special. There's a nice blank for $50. They don't kill you on shipping either.

Fits your needs.

+1

I built a trout rod on a RainShadow Revelation blank. I liked it so much I'm going to build another one on the same blank. Think the blank is $49 dollars. 

I've built quite a few RainShadow blanks for myself and a few guys here and I think I can safely say we have all loved them. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a Fenwick Eagle 7' UL I think it's rated 1/32 to 1/4oz.  It's a pretty fun rod for trout and pan fish.

Edited by ne_dan

On 10/8/2019 at 0:03 AM, cashews121 said:

Id like a decent spinning rod at least 6 1/2ft,,for hatchery trout...throwing 1/8oz Kastmasters..Roostertails etc...4lb test Trilene XL..any suggestions?

The Avids are great rods, as are the Trout Series Spinning rods from St Croix. They make a 6'4 that you'd probably really like, MSRP $130. 

I've been fishing a lamiglas infinity 7'6" ultra light for trout the past year and love it. Definitely on the more expensive side but I also use it for shad in the spring and have caught largemouth to 5 pounds on it 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Douglas LRS is a nice rod as well. I fish an avid for my UL 6ft and LRS 6-12 9ft.  I also will say TFO makes some fine rods for the $

Edited by GreenMachine

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:27 AM, choggieman said:

I’ve been happy with st Croix avid series for trout 

39 mins ago, Inshore said:

St Croix Avid...

C23846D4-69C3-4995-8989-39D0126F4B57.jpeg

+3 Love Mine