salt deficient

Inlet fishing and anchovies are on the menu?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

So if anchovies seems to be around alot and your on an inlet, what do you guys like to use?   Is using a teaser a bad idea with a bucktail?  Snag city......    Casting egg with small 1/4oz bucktail or teaser?     Lighter gear with a small albie snack?  Work inlet rock edges with light gear and small 1/2ozish range bucktail?

MY annual RI trip last year seem to presented myself with this issue.

Small bucktail (1/2-3/4oz) with teaser would work, and the teaser could be a fly. I've done that many times with success when small bait is present and they won't touch a thing other than small 4" flies (surf candy, hoo flies, Cowen's silverside). 

I will use a bucktail with a lot of 'float' and trim the bulk out of the hair around the shank. Ill tip the BT with a straight split strip and work rocks more than the actual inlet. A sparse teaser above will help with the float you need

remember when ur fishing in tight to the rocks that you will be throwing a much lighter bucktail (1/2-3/4). Its all about the sweep. Watch how the rain bait move in the water when a wave receeds and floods back again