Droskee24

G. Loomis Rod Help Needed!!!

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

First, thank you in advance for any info and help. First time posting even though I’ve been reading this site for a couple years. Don’t know why I never joined before. Anyways, I’ve been wanting to get a new setup for throwing roughly 1/2oz to 2oz roughly with live finger mullet/perch, cut bait Carolina rigged and occasionally some lures if need be for reds, trout, flounder in south texas laguna madre. I mainly fish the flats and bays. Don’t really surf fish either. I was dead set on the E6X 845s mgm and the 5000 Stradic FL!!! I got it and it balances so nice and I’m sure it is an awesome setup, but now that I can actually feel it, I’m not sure it’s right for me. The rod feels like a baseball bat even with 1.5oz weight on it. I have the chance to trade it out and I’m thinking the 843s mgm is what I’m needing instead. Can anyone help me? Am I right I’m thinking the 843 is right or is the 845 mgm the right rod and it’s not quite as stout as it seems sans fish? Any input would be appreciated!