Dominic Iadicicco

Coming to a Home Depot near you

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just Kidding,

but you can buy them online.

It even the same colors the old Ryobi tools used to be.

RYOBI RANMI SLOW JIGGING

Dom

Image result for Ryobi Jigging Reel

Edited by Dominic Iadicicco

Too funny :laugh:

I can see it now, the reels sell, and Black and Decker ( who owns like 85% of the tool brands that you know ) buys up Penn, Shimano, Pradco, and most of the other fishing gear companies. Then forces Homeys to add a fishing and hunting section. You'll be able to buy a lower class, cheaper, crappy rod or reel that looks the same as the other sold elsewhere for more. Just like with the tools.

Interesting fact though... I owned a Ryobi ultralight outfit when I was like ten years old. It worked fine for me in the little creeks and ponds. 

I still have an old Ryobi Surf Spinning reel. I bought it around 1980 or there about. We were going on vacation to the coast & I needed a rod & reel. Had it paired with a fiberglass surf rod, but lost the rod in a house fire in '86 so don't even recall anything about the rod. 

The reel was one of the very few things I was able to salvage. 

Ryobi has made & sold fishing gear over the years, so not surprising they're back at it. . 

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

Ryobi has made & sold fishing gear over the years, so not surprising they're back at it. . 

I just found this online.  I don't know if they are really back at it, but it does look pretty interesting.  It has 26.5 lb of drag and will hold over 300 yards of 30lb braid.  It also has cast controls.  I would imagine it's not really that strong of a reel.  Probably just come to pieces if you hooked anything serious with it.  But if it is good, it is real affordable.

Dom

2 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Too funny :laugh:

I can see it now, the reels sell, and Black and Decker ( who owns like 85% of the tool brands that you know ) buys up Penn, Shimano, Pradco, and most of the other fishing gear companies. Then forces Homeys to add a fishing and hunting section. You'll be able to buy a lower class, cheaper, crappy rod or reel that looks the same as the other sold elsewhere for more. Just like with the tools.

Interesting fact though... I owned a Ryobi ultralight outfit when I was like ten years old. It worked fine for me in the little creeks and ponds. 

At least we can then finance a snap on fishing reel for $10 a week for the rest of your life

1 hour ago, Dominic Iadicicco said:

I just found this online.  I don't know if they are really back at it, but it does look pretty interesting.  It has 26.5 lb of drag and will hold over 300 yards of 30lb braid.  It also has cast controls.  I would imagine it's not really that strong of a reel.  Probably just come to pieces if you hooked anything serious with it.  But if it is good, it is real affordable.

Dom

Dom, yep, does sound interesting! If you check out Ryobi, they're a multi-national company involved in many manufacturing businesses. If that reel is something they're currently producing, who knows, might be one of those diamonds in the rough that are occasionally found. :shrug:

Let us know if you get one! :D

looks cool,it may well be a solid reel.

just because it is something new if they built it right it will do what it's supposed to.

just look at Ming-Yang's CL series,mine are just as solid as they were new.

I did swap out the drags though.

castable too,,yeah boyee!

HH

From what I remember, Ryobi also invented the baitrunner mechanism on spinning reels. They also hold the patent that Shimano, Penn, and other companies must pay to use the design.

18 hours ago, kombi_rs said:

At least we can then finance a snap on fishing reel for $10 a week for the rest of your life

I wonder if Harbor Freight will get in on this too.  I see a business opportunity here.

23 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Now....fishin' tackle at Home Depot.....I like it.

If I remember right the HD's in Florida have tackle.

23 hours ago, Dominic Iadicicco said:

Just Kidding,

but you can buy them online.

It even the same colors the old Ryobi tools used to be.

RYOBI RANMI SLOW JIGGING

Dom

Image result for Ryobi Jigging Reel

Sure is purdy.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Now....fishin' tackle at Home Depot.....I like it.

They actually tried selling tackle in a few stores several years back.  Obviously it didn't do well.