fishless

WTB Flatscreen TV

16 posts in this topic

Looking for a TV to setup for my dad, preferably 46 inch or better.  Figured I'd chk and see if anyone here has one they would like to part with before going the Marketplace or Craigslist route.   Looking for one local to the 08691 area code or within a reasonable drive time

Thanks

I have one in 07701 that you can have for free.  It has an issue where it takes a while to turn on (20 mins or so) but once it does it works fine. I would turn it on, let it sit for a while, come back and then shut it off and then it on and it would work.  I never got around to figuring out the issue. 

18 hours ago, hobobob said:

Black friday is coming, I wouldn't be surprised that major retailers would starting pumping out deals right around Halloween.

Very true and am considering that however I'm trying to setup my dad up with a tv outside under his deck where he likes to sit on occasion.  He's in his 80's now so if I can get him a lil time to enjoy it before temps get to a point where he's too cold I'm gonna go for it.  If prices don't line up then I'll wait till BF and do the door buster thing :freak: and be ready for next season.

14 hours ago, drumfish213 said:

I have one in 07701 that you can have for free.  It has an issue where it takes a while to turn on (20 mins or so) but once it does it works fine. I would turn it on, let it sit for a while, come back and then shut it off and then it on and it would work.  I never got around to figuring out the issue. 

Thank you for the offer, I might take you up on this but gonna look a bit little longer before making a decision.  Can you share some details on the model you have?

Edited by fishless

Yeah TV are so cheap for good quality these days. I got a 50 in Samsung and I think I paid around 275 deliver. Excellent quality to. Unless you're looking for something like an OLED, or very high end tv then I would buy new if I were you

6 hours ago, fishless said:

Very true and am considering that however I'm trying to setup my dad up with a tv outside under his deck where he likes to sit on occasion.  He's in his 80's now so if I can get him a lil time to enjoy it before temps get to a point where he's too cold I'm gonna go for it.  If prices don't line up then I'll wait till BF and do the door buster thing :freak: and be ready for next season.

Thank you for the offer, I might take you up on this but gonna look a bit little longer before making a decision.  Can you share some details on the model you have?

$100-$150 for something in that range or higher in the comming weeks.

Got a 48" sitting around that works fine.  Just replaced it with a 65.

$150
Sony KDL48R510C
I'll get pics when I get home if interested.  My office is in Howell, so not that far.  

@fishless

Edited by Captain Planet

12 hours ago, NJ Dave said:

BJ's Wholesale you can buy a TV for probably under $200 they're so cheap these days why would you chance buying something used

I dont consider buying used from a fellow member on here as taking a chance. I trust buying from SOL members more so than craigslist or social media market places where everything is suspect.    The tv I want is for a man in his 80's who doesnt need new and state of the art wld be wasted on him.  So a $100 tv not being used by a fellow member wld be perfect.  

Edited by fishless

6 hours ago, Captain Planet said:

Got a 48" sitting around that works fine.  Just replaced it with a 65.

$150
Sony KDL48R510C
I'll get pics when I get home if interested.  My office is in Howell, so not that far.  

@fishless

Pics wld be great.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Pics wld be great.  Thanks.

Little dusty, but there are no scratches or anything.  been sitting around for a few weeks.  

Battery door on remote stays on but is slightly loose.  Could tape it I guess, but never found the need.  

Smart TV, but never really used it as such.  Does netflix and amazon I think.  

IMG_20191009_233245.jpg

IMG_20191009_233211.jpg

11 hours ago, Captain Planet said:

Little dusty, but there are no scratches or anything.  been sitting around for a few weeks.  

Battery door on remote stays on but is slightly loose.  Could tape it I guess, but never found the need.  

Smart TV, but never really used it as such.  Does netflix and amazon I think.  

IMG_20191009_233245.jpg

IMG_20191009_233211.jpg

This would work for what I'm looking for.  Would you be willing to take $125.00?