Belmo

Fall Goes By Too Fast

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Maybe it's because September was so warm, but it feels like fall this year is going by even faster than normal. I was just looking at the calendar -- holy ****, it's only three weeks until the end of October! 

It's the best time of the year, and I look forward to it all year, but I wish it would last a little longer. It seems to be slipping through are fingers this year faster than truck-stop spooge drips down Wayne's chin. Labor Day weekend seems like it was about two weeks ago, but we our already deep into the heart of are greatest season.

All the seasons go by too fast once you pass 40.  Fall nips summer as the best season IMO.  October is prolly the best month of the year.....football, hockey, baseball playoffs, hunting, cool nights, pipe tobacco, dark beers and so on.

best time of the year to ride the Harley.   t shirt and maybe a light jacket . this weekend will be heading up to high point nj on all back roads. will take me 5 hours to get there . we will find a room to stay overnight.  have dinner up there then breakfast on the way home.

1 hour ago, riverrunner said:

time to kill

55 mins ago, HopHead said:

hunting, cool nights, pipe tobacco, dark beers and so on

^ yep. Summer is too hot, spring is when biting flies wake up and winter... well I like winter too for the same reasons stated above for fall. 

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

Maybe it's because September was so warm, but it feels like fall this year is going by even faster than normal. I was just looking at the calendar -- holy ****, it's only three weeks until the end of October! 

It's the best time of the year, and I look forward to it all year, but I wish it would last a little longer. It seems to be slipping through are fingers this year faster than truck-stop spooge drips down Wayne's chin. Labor Day weekend seems like it was about two weeks ago, but we our already deep into the heart of are greatest season.

:snr:

Tog opens on Thursday. I really like that shallow water togging, with the albies popping up every now and then.

Looks like it's going to blow all the way through the weekend though. 

1 min ago, Billybob said:

Looks like it's going to blow all the way through the weekend though. 

That's what Terri has planned too! :th:

57 mins ago, Billybob said:

Great time of year to hitch up the teardrop, and just head out and enjoy nature's splendor.

Words hurt. :(

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

Had you checked your Google calendar you’d know that Fall started only 2 1/2 weeks ago. :wag:

4 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Had you checked your Google calendar you’d know that Fall started only 2 1/2 weeks ago. :wag:

Go play a game of William Tell with Billy Burroughs. :th: