Mike

200,000 Posts Coming Your Way

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Fair warning! :-)

A bunch of of Long time SOL members have rented a house in Narragensett for a month to fish your hallowed lands. A NJRI Fling of sorts. 

Most of us will be targeting tog, some will be chasing bass and some will do both. We will spend plenty of time fishing for tog on the 7Bs, FF, ICIII. I expect we will be found on the shore of the west bay and from Point Judith west to Ct. We will have one or two beach driving passes. If you see NJ plates, say hello, it may be fellow SOLers!

If anyone is interested in meeting up, let us know and we'll let you know where we will be.

Welcome to RI. Hope you catch a fish... but only 1. ;)  Coffee on me if I see you guys out some morning. 

Long time since Tim came to Matunuck for a breakfast. Always welcome here, Tim.

2 hours ago, Fish it all said:

As a long standing member of this fine establishment I feel this needs to be said.

There are no fish in RI.

Damnit!

That'd be cool to fish with a couple reputable guys.  I'll bring the coffee and Allies Donuts hahaha. Good luck guys; the toggin' has been stellar(limited out yesterday in under half hour from shore biggest being 12# which was released).  Bass + Albies still around in numbers if you know where to look. More bait then you'd know what to do with as well.

Sounds great. Nice job on the tog. Like you we don't tend to keep the big ones unless there is a pool contender. Still keep them alive for later release. 

Where do we sign up for seal hunting?

1 min ago, Mike said:

Sounds great. Nice job on the tog. Like you we don't tend to keep the big ones unless there is a pool contender. Still keep them alive for later release. 

Where do we sign up for seal hunting?

That too is what I've been trying to figure out haha; never seen so many large scaled seals around the coast likeI have this year...Last year maybe a handful throughout my 3-4 outings a day Mon-Sun. Now I'm fishing mostly 2-3hr sessions during the week and 5-6hr sessions on the weekends and I've seen dozens this year on any given day. Time to get the slugs loaded and fire up the 17' Boston Whaler and blast some greys from the water.

I'd hate to see them destroy the RI shore the way they've destroyed the Cape beaches. I fear that's coming in 10-20 years. 

21 mins ago, Mike said:

I'd hate to see them destroy the RI shore the way they've destroyed the Cape beaches. I fear that's coming in 10-20 years. 

Yeah right man this year we had hundreds piled up along seal rock in the start of the season pretty much started glassing that area off the hiking trails around mid april and every half submerged stone had 3-4 seals relaxing on them...I'd say in 5-8 yrs theres going to be a really real Mr. Tuxedo problem in RI waterways thanks to the seals.