chessie_yaker

Gun Grabbing Dims...

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

... will you chose to accept these facts as truths or are you going to continue manufacturing your own?

6CFADC2D-0F5E-481E-A5E6-4A25E82882BF.jpeg.dab03491b3af613a023d91cca1d8c604.jpeg

The FBI just released the UCR for 2018 which shows the stats (facts) for crimes committed for the year; including weapons used, amongst other things like demographics and such. 

Table 20 in the report that shows the murders per state and the weapons used and shows a significant gap between not only handguns and rifles, but also knives/cutting tools and rifles. I would have much preferred there to be a column specifically for scary black rifles... maybe next year :shrug:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-20

For those in need of some truths that don’t want to click the link that takes you directly to the FBI UCR 2018 Table 20, let’s look at the crimes in the state of our union with the most strict and illogical gun legislation, coincidentally also having the highest number of murders; the progressive breeding ground of Commifornia-

California-

-1739 murders 

Handgun 834

Firearm (type unknown) 292

Knives or cutting instruments 252

Other weapons 223

Hands, fists, feet 87

Shotgun 27

Rifle 24

There are a few conclusions that we can draw from looking at this data (facts, truth). In California, you are-

-Almost 4 times more likely to be killed by hands or feet than a rifle of any type

-More than 10 times more likely to be killed by a knife than a rifle of any type

-Almost 35 times more likely to be killed by a handgun than a rifle of any type

“But crime is on the rise and we need to take guns away period to solve that!”

Not quite. 

I’d like to take you to Table 12 of the 2018 UCR that shows every crime is on a downtrend, on average, less rape and isolated instances with aggravated assault. Imagine if women could carry a handgun...

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-12

There are many other situations that can be brought up that the 2018 UCR can squelch, but I just wanted to focus on the recent trend of democrats wanting to ban and confiscate semi-automatic rifles. 

Questions-

Why hasn’t the Democratic Party been focusing on handgun legislation when statistics from the past forever years have shown that more gun deaths are a result of handguns than any other weapon, significantly more than rifles? 

How can a state that has the most strict gun legislation for owning handguns have the highest number of gun deaths by handguns? 

Edited by chessie_yaker

Simply because democrats want to get rid of the black rifle.  Its a complete lie and fear mongering played out on the public.  But the public buys this crap.  They completely overlook every other aspect of gun violence to focus on the black rifle. Commifornia  is exactly that.  I've been in San Francisco since 1979.  Every time some crazy kills people with a semi automatic rifles the democrats politicize it. Its just crazy and never ending. We need SCOTUS to take on pro 2A cases and set precedent so states cant erode away our rights,

24 mins ago, D_L said:

Simply because democrats want to get rid of the black rifle.  Its a complete lie and fear mongering played out on the public.  But the public buys this crap.  They completely overlook every other aspect of gun violence to focus on the black rifle. Commifornia  is exactly that.  I've been in San Francisco since 1979.  Every time some crazy kills people with a semi automatic rifles the democrats politicize it. Its just crazy and never ending. We need SCOTUS to take on pro 2A cases and set precedent so states cant erode away our rights,

I read that a couple cases are making their way there that could give many restricted citizens many rights back. I hope for you, myself and all other law abiding gun owners that it equates to that. Should be in the next couple months that we see that and I’m curious to see how much news coverage they get and the angle the optics view them from. 

Edited by chessie_yaker

7 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

I read that a couple cases are making their way there that could give many restricted citizens many rights back. I hope for you, myself and all other law abiding gun owners that it equates to that. Should be in the next couple months that we see that and I’m curious to see how much news coverage they get and the angle the optics view them from. 

That would be great.  We need all the help we can get.  I am not planning on making a career of sticking around Commiefornia any longer than needed.

7 mins ago, D_L said:

That would be great.  We need all the help we can get.  I am not planning on making a career of sticking around Commiefornia any longer than needed.

Maryland isn’t very free either. I’m in the same situation, otherwise I’d be in Kentucky or somewhere else that let’s you live free and make your way. But Maryland is slowly turning in the right direction. CCW permit restrictions were just laxed for business owners and, if these cases go the right way with SCOTUS, we will all be in a better spot. 

1 min ago, chessie_yaker said:

Maryland isn’t very free either. I’m in the same situation, otherwise I’d be in Kentucky or somewhere else that let’s you live free and make your way. But Maryland is slowly turning in the right direction. CCW permit restrictions were just laxed for business owners and, if these cases go the right way with SCOTUS, we will all be in a better spot. 

Nice. We don't have open carry and the only way to get CCW is if you live in a rural part of the state. 

3 mins ago, D_L said:

Nice. We don't have open carry and the only way to get CCW is if you live in a rural part of the state. 

That makes sense. You can protect yourself if you live in a low crime area. Sounds like the microstamping. In MD there is no open carry unless you’re hunting and it’s an approved caliber and barrel length sidearm. CCW if you have a substantial and reasonable excuse for the need. Prior to the last change that was being a member of a business that does cash drops, pawn, gun shop and only during business hours, but now if you’re a business owner it is a 24/7 permit even when not co ducting business. There are some other stipulations, but they are not popular. Things are heading in the right direction at least. 

7 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

That makes sense. You can protect yourself if you live in a low crime area. Sounds like the microstamping. In MD there is no open carry unless you’re hunting and it’s an approved caliber and barrel length sidearm. CCW if you have a substantial and reasonable excuse for the need. Prior to the last change that was being a member of a business that does cash drops, pawn, gun shop and only during business hours, but now if you’re a business owner it is a 24/7 permit even when not co ducting business. There are some other stipulations, but they are not popular. Things are heading in the right direction at least. 

That's good. We had a CCW case Peruta. SCOTUS would not take the case. So we are essentially screwed here.

3 mins ago, D_L said:

That's good. We had a CCW case Peruta. SCOTUS would not take the case. So we are essentially screwed here.

From what I gather, what’s coming down the pike would be a national measure upon the state decisions. 

14 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

From what I gather, what’s coming down the pike would be a national measure upon the state decisions. 

Sweet. All for it.

8 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

You make a great argument for outlawing handguns.

Outlaw abortions :shrug: “but they’ll be happening in dark alleys and basements!” Exactly. 

19 mins ago, saltydawg said:

And like clockwork, the latest mass shooting—an Hispanic on Hispanic crime in Kansas City—included handguns as the weapon. 

Not an outrage because of their cultural affiliation. Once the impeachment stuff dies down they’ll have the border stuff to fall back on