dannyplug1

Stupid things I have done .......fishing related

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

56 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

Wifey offered to buy whatever I wanted at the B&T shop and I only picked up a SS popper. Nothing else......

Very stupid indeed!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sumer of 2012 I put a solid chunk of frozen pogy on and cast it out.....I figured that nothing would eat that still frozen bait so I just leaned my rod against the railing of the pier and as I was baiting up my other pole I hear a loud smack and turn just in time to see my rod getting pulled in so fast it snapped 2 guides when it went over the railing.....It’s still somewhere on the bottom of Boston Harbor,  I’ve seen many a googan lose a pole this way.

Edited by john1234

34 mins ago, john1234 said:

Sumer of 2012 I put a solid chunk of frozen pogy on and cast it out.....I figured that nothing would eat that still frozen bait so I just leaned my rod against the railing of the pier and as I was baiting up my other pole I hear a loud smack and turn just in time to see my rod getting pulled in so fast it snapped 2 guides when it went over the railing.....It’s still somewhere on the bottom of Boston Harbor,  I’ve seen many a googan lose a pole this way.

I’ve had many hits on frozen pogy....never again on fresh pogy. True story. Idk why

2 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Wifey offered to buy whatever I wanted at the B&T shop and I only picked up a SS popper. Nothing else......

Well it depends on the color you got ;)

Trying to grab a quick egg McMuffin at a drive through with rods in the boat’s rod holders.

Setting down a large, full, tackle box by a trailer tire after getting out of the boat.  Driving off and wondering WTF I ran over......

Ignoring a falling tide in a deep cut with a mud bank in front leading to the main channel for just oneeeee more redfish.

36 mins ago, LSP552 said:

Ignoring a falling tide in a deep cut with a mud bank in front leading to the main channel for just oneeeee more redfish.

Thats a long wait in the mud.  Been there done that

Was in a tunnel hull jet drive flats boat running wide open throttle.  Look over and see we are in maybe 6" of water.  Driver freaks out and pulls back on the throttle.

Brought a 7 ft fluke rod for stripers off a bridge. Tied it to the rail but saw it got bit and fumbled it. Fell right into the abyss. Magically snagged it back an hour later 

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Brought a 7 ft fluke rod for stripers off a bridge. Tied it to the rail but saw it got bit and fumbled it. Fell right into the abyss. Magically snagged it back an hour later 

I wish. Had a ladyfish pull my rig over the pier and watched it go into the sunset. 

18 mins ago, Hook I said:

Made a trip to the Keys only to find out when I get there I have 4 fly reel spare spools in my bag .....forgot to pack the reel . 

You go shopping? 

Two dumbest thing I ever did

1. Start fishing

2. Start surf fishing.

If I can do all over again, I would do the same.