gln826

Montauk Blitzing

Rate this topic

212 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2019 at 7:40 PM, Lou T said:

Do tell; I have not created a app to help people find there way to a bite, that someone stumbled on.

Nor did I ever burn one. Hell I don't even tell certain family members where I fish.

Let me give you a little reminder.

Not that long there was  a good bite in the back waters of the bay. People from all over were there Massachusetts to PA... and suddenly it died for about 4 Or 5 days, no one came back after multiple days without fish, the 50+ people thought they cleared out. At least 2 or 3 nights there wasn’t anyone there, not a damn soul. I was there keeping it honest day in and day out. Not 1 of the 50 people were there. But one night , it was a Wednesday around 11. Suddenly there was some action, you were using a Loki glider I was using a black lupo Danny. There was a good amount of action, I wasn’t really keeping count but I know how many I caught and you didnt catch many.... and if wasnt for me catching what I caught and you being there to see it , I highly doubt you would’ve shared what happen that night , because no one would have came back for a few 7 lb fish that you caught...funny thing is I didn’t tell anyone about it. Not 1 person. The very next night I could barely find a parking spot. Everyone else came back. I wonder how that happened?  I wasn’t going to say anything but since you said “ do tell”,  here it is.... 

goodbye.

1 hour ago, ReelSharp said:

Not that long there was  a good bite in the back waters of the bay. People from all over were there Massachusetts to PA... and suddenly it died for about 4 Or 5 days, no one came back after multiple days without fish, the 50+ people thought they cleared out. At least 2 or 3 nights there wasn’t anyone there, not a damn soul. I was there keeping it honest day in and day out. Not 1 of the 50 people were there. But one night , it was a Wednesday around 11. Suddenly there was some action, you were using a Loki glider I was using a black lupo Danny. There was a good amount of action, I wasn’t really keeping count but I know how many I caught and you didnt catch many.... and if wasnt for me catching what I caught and you being there to see it , I highly doubt you would’ve shared what happen that night , because no one would have came back for a few 7 lb fish that you caught...funny thing is I didn’t tell anyone about it. Not 1 person. The very next night I could barely find a parking spot. Everyone else came back. I wonder how that happened?  I wasn’t going to say anything but since you said “ do tell”,  here it is.... 

goodbye.

I bet the ODM team were all over the place...

Guys no dog in this race , long time striper fisher off the beach but I got to say to the folks that "dis the blitz".......get over your rightest selves.........it's fun. If you like to fish I do not care if your a legend pro or what.......if I happen to run into a blitz.....as a person who loves to fish and appreciates being the beach.......yeah, it's a hoot and I will enjoy it. I totally respect no burning and strictly CnR........but if you don't enjoy running into a blitz........you do not enjoy fishing.........just an opinion.

ps - I have been on the beach during a blitz with DJ and he seemed to enjoy himself.........just saying.......if you don't enjoy it why fish.....

On 10/11/2019 at 10:50 AM, iyaman said:

We only burn witches.   I didn't know, you can burn spot.  Fish be with you all.

AA70EDD4-A552-4658-AA51-0C51604E5AA8.gif

B4A63251-D37D-482A-A6DC-23D0BFF8EE7D.gif

4 hours ago, Cpalms said:

It’s always like that. Let’s face it Millennials have zero interest in surfcasting.

Saw a lot of older guys in the lineup at turtles with some big waves. Mid 50s, 60s. Lack of fish, guys trying to stay healthy and active plus lots of discretionary income in Montauk. The guys I saw with a pole today, for the most part, looked like they would stroke out if they walked more than 200-300 yards. 

Rode my fat tire from ditch past warhol, not a single surfcaster. Didn’t see one at all west of Kings. One guy soaking bait on the north side.  

4 hours ago, ReelSharp said:

goodbye.

If your referring to the Sewaren bite about three years ago, I was on that bite for about two months, and a few days before the beach invasion.

Sounds like your full of yourself pal. That something you have to figure out.

I can't help it, if people walk up on me when I'm catching...:)

That's the times where living in

Lou T

Went to Montauk last week. Thousands of schoolies in the rips- none were caught that I saw that were legal.

There's several huge seals that have taken up residence at the point. They say that there are more seals than ever around the point. 

5 hours ago, biggstriper said:

Went to Montauk last week. Thousands of schoolies in the rips- none were caught that I saw that were legal.

There's several huge seals that have taken up residence at the point. They say that there are more seals than ever around the point. 

There are always a few big horsehead seals swimming around the lineup off camp hero/turtles. In the past they’d be a novelty but now they’re just another part of the scenery... 

58 mins ago, blastwater said:

There are always a few big horsehead seals swimming around the lineup off camp hero/turtles. In the past they’d be a novelty but now they’re just another part of the scenery... 

his name is Walter 

he knows that silly humans waving sticks above the water means free fish 

F6C5987A-95E2-44DF-8380-B3DB6694DB02.jpeg

6 hours ago, JohnP said:

his name is Walter 

I hope Walter wasn’t expecting free fish from the motley crew I saw waving sticks over their head on the south side.  

6 hours ago, JohnP said:

his name is Walter 

looks like he's showing off...:)

3 hours ago, blastwater said:

I hope Walter wasn’t expecting free fish from the motley crew I saw waving sticks over their head on the south side.  

All the fish are in his stomach.