gln826

Montauk Blitzing

Rate this topic

187 posts in this topic

1 min ago, chumfish said:

If it continues into tonight, hit the north side on the drop with any color darter. 

I would not be surprised in the next few days if a few 50 lb fish are caught in Montauk from the surf. You have a nor'easter, you have the front side of a full moon coming. Should be killer out there

1 min ago, Fishy4335 said:

I would not be surprised in the next few days if a few 50 lb fish are caught in Montauk from the surf. You have a nor'easter, you have the front side of a full moon coming. Should be killer out there

More will be lost than landed.  

On 10/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, pakalolo said:

and f it up for those who have put in the time and effort to figure out a bite, only to have one of the chest thumpers post it online and bring out the crowd. Certainly you don't count on online reports to find fish?

some people live hundreds of miles from any salt water and have to rely on online reports.  Why are you on a fishing website designed to help people catch more fish?

14 mins ago, pakalolo said:

Happy to share techniques , tackle tips and 40+ years of fishing experience , but posting reports is just self serving foolishness.

:hi5:....:clap:

2 hours ago, biggstriper said:

You don't see enough of that anymore...

glad to oblige....:wave:

On 10/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, odiemike86 said:

some people live hundreds of miles from any salt water and have to rely on online reports.  Why are you on a fishing website designed to help people catch more fish?

Try over a thousand...

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 10/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, Shaky said:

Still dead

I haven't been to Montauk for a long time and haven't kept up. I remember Jack shining his flashlight on me when I was the only one crazy enough to be out on the point. 

Edited by TimS
link

On 10/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, Fishy4335 said:

Heard of 2 this am...it's on.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, Terry Mac said:

nonsense, montauk has been on fire with bass so far this week, get out there and get some for yourself!!!!!!!!!!! 

>>Why nonsense. It’s the rules of the site. No spot burning!!! If you need posts like this terry to find the bass sorry for you brother. After 40000 thousand posts you should know what spot burning is by now.

Look here folks. Not "everyone" knows about Montauk in October. The world is a very big place, and spot burning is a real issue with real consequences, as in the stories that have been told in this very thread. Ok--so Montauk is big and well known. Posting that it's "on fire" can only make a crowded place even more crowded, with the kind of anglers that the locals might not appreciate.

I'm with the guy who requested this thread be removed. Good riddance. 

On 10/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, Lou T said:

There's one thing for certain Steve, that any true fishermen will tell you.

We don't need, some kind of space age peace of crap app, too ruin our fishing for us

Maybe you should practice what you preach.