gln826

Montauk Blitzing

Rate this topic

187 posts in this topic

Just finished two days of fun in Montauk with blitzing 20"-34" bass. There's nothing better when its happening, especially that I was able to bring someone today who has never caught a striped bass before. South side yesterday, north side today. A great weekend in my favorite place.

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, gln826 said:

Just finished two days of fun in Montauk with blitzing 20"-34" bass. There's nothing better when its happening, especially that I was able to bring someone today who has never caught a striped bass before. South side yesterday, north side today. A great weekend in my favorite place.

Excellent!! I was into them last week!!! Same thing- nothing like seeing fish in the Crest of waves.... fly fisherman on the boats were tough though....they kept on racing to the schools and blocking the surfcasters... they were not staying on the outside

Edited by Fishy4335

you'll learn, get ready for a...:beatin:

wb.jpg.47b8c68448cc602de00ee0c40936edd4.jpg

Glad you showed your friend, why we do what we do.

Lou T

Edited by Lou T

20 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

Everybody knows about this!!! Its no secret

No video from Kil yet

31 mins ago, cec127 said:

:niffty:

easy killer... you literally could not avoid the dozens of videos and pictures of acres of 20 inch bass blitzing on social media. If it was reported on the evening news it could not be anymore out there.

16 mins ago, Lou T said:

No video from Kil yet

I try to video for giant off Chatham or Stellwagen Bank as I am not interested in fishing in Montauk. :)

I can enjoy fishing in not so crowded situation in RI.

Edited by ksong

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I try to video for giant off Chatham or Stellwagen Bank as I am not interested in fishing in Montauk. :)

I can enjoy fishing in not so crowded situation in RI.

Good for you Kil. 

That was a gutsy move leaving such quality fish like you had in Chattam, just to try and find a slightly larger trophy.

You look like your having a ball with those fish, that's what it's all about.

Lou

I was at a spot I fish Friday afternoon/night and they were blitzing from about 10 minutes after I got there until I got tired and left about 4 hours later. By honest count I caught 80. That's with taking breaks and stopping to retie my leader.

Why the hell does anyone post about surf action??!! Although it's already crowded, why bring in more idiots? Chest thumping morons posting reports are the worst thing to happen to fishing ever.