Stonesipher

Tampa area guides

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi, Looking for recommendations for a guide to hire in the Tampa bay area. There are so many when I do search it would be great if someone here could recommend one. I came across Island Lures Charter in St. Pete. Spoke to them a bit and they sound like they know what's up their prices are a little strong but you get what you pay for I know that and being alone it will be hard to get 3 other guys to go along. Some of the "little" guys look like they might be a crap shoot but I would bet there are some quality guys there. I am looking to go off shore for some hogfish and some snapper, grouper if in season (January)

Any suggestions would be great.

Jason Stock.  Been out with him a few times offshore and we caught a bunch of fish.  Amberjacks, Mangos, Goliath Grouper, Bonito, hogfish, snapper....etc.  727-459-5899. It was a blast and have him booked again this December.  

Steve Brownlee.....inshore fishing and caught a lot of fish with him too.  813-810-0381

Mike Goodwine....inshore fishing, been out with him too.  813-707-4733

If you're wanting screaming drag, Jason is the guy.  

Jeff

9 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Hi, Looking for recommendations for a guide to hire in the Tampa bay area. There are so many when I do search it would be great if someone here could recommend one. I came across Island Lures Charter in St. Pete. Spoke to them a bit and they sound like they know what's up their prices are a little strong but you get what you pay for I know that and being alone it will be hard to get 3 other guys to go along. Some of the "little" guys look like they might be a crap shoot but I would bet there are some quality guys there. I am looking to go off shore for some hogfish and some snapper, grouper if in season (January)

16 hours ago, jeffory said:

Jason Stock.  Been out with him a few times offshore and we caught a bunch of fish.  Amberjacks, Mangos, Goliath Grouper, Bonito, hogfish, snapper....etc.  727-459-5899. It was a blast and have him booked again this December.  

Steve Brownlee.....inshore fishing and caught a lot of fish with him too.  813-810-0381

Mike Goodwine....inshore fishing, been out with him too.  813-707-4733

If you're wanting screaming drag, Jason is the guy.  

Jeff

Thank you so much !!!! Awesome catch too !!!

On 10/6/2019 at 0:21 PM, Stonesipher said:

Hubbards Marina , do a search if your price and comfort is a concern  " if your too busy to go fishing ... your just too busy "  

On 10/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, Hook I said:

Hubbards Marina , do a search if your price and comfort is a concern  " if your too busy to go fishing ... your just too busy "  

Thanks, I won't be too busy, thats part of why I am going. :hooked:

13 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Thanks, I won't be too busy, thats part of why I am going. :hooked:

You will find out eventually that Capt Hubbard had that saying for decades . Jan is a crap shoot I usually wait three days before booking due to weather. Hubbard Marina has a lot of options to choose from . 

Fisheye Sport Fishing, Capt Brandon 727-243-4082 in Clearwater.  He runs the offshore boat and has Capt Marlin who runs their inshore boat.  We go out with them every time we are down there (2-3 a year).  Great guys, lots of laughs.

Gag grouper is closed in January but red grouper is open as is hog fish.