The Salty Fisherman

Van Staal VR50 BLACK

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2019 at 1:24 AM, Sea Breeze said:

my buddy has the black version and it includes the bailless kit.. here’s the video as well

How did your buddy manage to get one with a bailess kit?

I am assuming because it was one of the first batches sent out. Before pure fishing buying van staal. It is very low serial number. Craig Cantelmo was In a video stating the black vr50 would come with bail less kit in the box at no additional charge but that video has now been edited 

3 hours ago, Sea Breeze said:

I am assuming because it was one of the first batches sent out. Before pure fishing buying van staal. It is very low serial number. Craig Cantelmo was In a video stating the black vr50 would come with bail less kit in the box at no additional charge but that video has now been edited 

Any pics of the bailess kit?

4 hours ago, Sea Breeze said:

I still believe the purchase of Van Staal to Pure Fishing was a bad move

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Does anyone know when the "extended stem" will be introduced on the silver model ??

Not sure but I notice the price on them has gone up to $529 a lot of places.

Kinda turning me off charging what they are for that small bailess kit while the larger VRs come with one and then early on telling us the “black” version would come with it too only to have that clip deleted. 

On 1/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, catatonic said:

Not sure but I notice the price on them has gone up to $529 a lot of places.

Heard VS went up 5% across the board beginning 1/1/20

Got my bailess kit today......had to have it.....don’t get me wrong it’s going to be sweet.  I originally bought this reel with all intentions of being bailess. But a year later I now have it for $65 more dollars.  It should be included like advertised, van staal should have made it right by sending them out to anyone who purchased a 50.....they chose not to.   Hope that doesn’t have to do with their recent merger.....not a good start.