The Salty Fisherman

Van Staal VR50 BLACK

Rate this topic

119 posts in this topic

I was just browsing around when I stumbled across some pictures of some black VR50s.  I searched them up and I could only find a couple of pictures of them online.  It says that Tackle Direct has them in stock.  Are these super new, or have I just not heard about them?  Does anyone actually own one?

They’ve been announced since icast. The first batch are out as I have a buddy who got his already. They are still on pre order. I am waiting on mine still. This vr50 does include their bailless kit. 

Edited by Sea Breeze

1 hour ago, Sea Breeze said:

They’ve been announced since icast. The first batch are out as I have a buddy who got his already. They are still on pre order. I am waiting on mine still. This vr50 does include their bailless kit. 

The VR50 does NOT include the bail-less kit. The knob actually feels pretty good although ascetically it is less pleasing than the VS knobs.

Edited by ARH1956

2 mins ago, ARH1956 said:

The VR50 does NOT include the bail-less kit. The knob actually feel pretty good although ascetically it is less pleasing than the VS knobs.

my buddy has the black version and it includes the bailless kit.. here’s the video as well

1 min ago, Sea Breeze said:

my buddy has the black version and it includes the bailless kit.. here’s the video as well

3 mins ago, Sea Breeze said:

39 mins ago, Sea Breeze said:

T

The conversation is about the vr50B 

I was not aware of the revision being offered. I was just trying to let folks know that my silver VR50 received this week did not have the bail-less kit. Thanks for the video. Honestly the extra 1/4" in stem length is the big news to me. My VR50's bail end plate nipped my knuckle every rotation causing me to re-grip the reel. I just ordered a black one for that reason alone and will pass the silver on to my SIL at Christmas!

Edited by ARH1956

On 10/8/2019 at 1:24 AM, Sea Breeze said:

Very excited that they are finically coming out with the bailless kit.  I’ve always wanted a reel on the smaller side that is able to be fished bailless.