New run 706z AR failure

Rate this topic

Hi Guys, 

Recently purchased one of the reissued 706’s. On the second night of use the anti-reverse failed. I figured a spring popped off or broke no biggie, fix it in the morning. I opened it up to find the post that supports the AR dog has broken right off. My question is, do I have any choice but to replace the entire body of the reel? 

064E2479-A42B-458F-8CCC-749F0577A608.jpeg

559B0D13-C2B4-468B-9688-D25AFFEF6AD0.jpeg

7 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

All of our products come with a 1 yr warranty.  If you have the receipt send it in and it will be covered as a warranty.  

tony

Thanks Tony, I debated doing that but I’m in Canada. With cross border shipping etc. I decided it was easier and more cost effective to fix it myself. I had a flea market 704 as a parts reel and canabalized the frame from it. 10min change over and it’s good to go. Thank you for your reply. 

Edited by strats'n'stripers

3 hours ago, strats'n'stripers said:

Thanks Tony, I debated doing that but I’m in Canada. With cross border shipping etc. I decided it was easier and more cost effective to fix it myself. I had a flea market 704 as a parts reel and canabalized the frame from it. 10min change over and it’s good to go. Thank you for your reply. 

Don’t toss that old body. I’m sure @Alto Mare has a solution when he checks in.