SallyGrowler

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

we can go by Region or Metro: Boat fish do count.

Miami 

Inshore: we've had consistent East North East winds and a recent dose of King Tides. Lots of beach erosion.

It appears that the Mullet have moved on northward as my evening jaunts have been without sight of schools or predators.

I will hit the beach this weekend to see if the beach erosion has stirred up the food chain. The last time we saw this was after Irma and it turned on the ladyfish as well as rare reports of redfish being released.  

Offshore: Dolphin and Swords still showing up at the marina for the Offshore crowd.

I anticipate a banner year for Sails.

Wahoo tend to show up inshore when you are flying kites.

Bridges: Not seeing or hearing much activity. Some snook being spotted in the residential areas, but that's a tease.

Freshwater: Exotics on tap. As of last week we had a slow-pick and mostly smallish peacocks on rapalas and yo-zuri stick baits.

The spawn is a little late but should pick up.

Panhandle:

The trout bite is getting hot on the flats and dock lights. Big black drum on bridge and dock pilings all over the place.

Spanish and king mackerel bite has been on fire at the piers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Before sun  up 1 snook 24-26. “MirrOLure  lil john white and a few more jacks on top water Spook 

many Dolphins  shut things down off by 8:15 am 

Edited by Hook I

Vero beach area. Beach side seems like the mullet run has died. Did catch a really nice Blue yesterday, I’m guessing 8-9 lbs. also caught 3 snook around 20 inches. River still seeing jacks around the seawalls but mullet aren’t around as much

Forgot to mention: last weekend I made a rare catch of a sheepshead.

This time of year we get some out of place species. I believe it has to do with the king tides and strong currents stirring up the sand. about 5-years ago I caught a schoolie red fish which is extremely rare out front!

Also - lots of manatees. So many manatees in the area that the beach was littered with manatee dung.

Manatees have been actively feeding in the eel grass, probably disturbing some of the crustaceans.

If you see manatees, pitch some shrimp in the areas they had been feeding.

driving to work today a flock of terns were holding close to surface at Bear Cut. this is either Bluefish moving in or bigger than normal schools of jacks. Break out the tins!