Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Oct. 4 - Oct 11

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rwilhelm said:

if you have time can you please post if it is fishable, meaning not a tons of weeds.   

Tons of fish; just took a break cause my forearms are burning. Headed back out in 20 mins or so. Sustained winds 30+ out the NE; fish STACKED on south lying coves and inlets. Been at the same spot since 11am and have over 300 fish. 3-4” bunker are being thrown up on almost every retrieval by bass. The SS 2.5oz white stubby pencil is the ticket and the old school 1.5oz white buck tail and red teaser as well. Zero weeds just LOADS of white water. Don’t bother with any easter fronted areas breakers are topping to like 20+’ 

2 hours ago, MarkyGee said:

Was out there the night before last. EPO checking fish, and got a few guys on the fin clip rule which I was happy to see. Was personally checked on the way and the way out, but my paperwork is always in order and I didn't keep any fish. Was told that possible Jetty closure was going to happen the next few days due to the storm.

As far as reports, it was a bluefish game all night. 9 to 1 blues to bass. 

any word if they're closing off the soft side jetty as well?

2 hours ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

Tons of fish; just took a break cause my forearms are burning. Headed back out in 20 mins or so. Sustained winds 30+ out the NE; fish STACKED on south lying coves and inlets. Been at the same spot since 11am and have over 300 fish. 3-4” bunker are being thrown up on almost every retrieval by bass. The SS 2.5oz white stubby pencil is the ticket and the old school 1.5oz white buck tail and red teaser as well. Zero weeds just LOADS of white water. Don’t bother with any easter fronted areas breakers are topping to like 20+’ 

300 fish in 4.5 hours. That’s a pretty good day of fishing. That’s a fish every 50 seconds. 

2 hours ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

Wow that’s awesome!  Going out tomorrow.  

52 mins ago, z-man said:

300 fish in 4.5 hours. That’s a pretty good day of fishing. That’s a fish every 50 seconds. 

OVER 300 lol

Hit up a bway early afternoon, did okay. Water got weedy with the incoming tide. Beach was starting to turn to chocolate milk. Fished a very western point in the state for two hours until sunset. Had fish from 25-150 yards out all feeding in peanuts. SS Bullet produced a fish on most casts. Loving this weather

12 mins ago, PaddleTail said:

Anybody know what the water quality looks like this morning. How dirty is the wash? Didn’t think it was that dirty early last night

Water was fine on the S/SW area I was at yesterday till around 5pm. Had other obligations to tend to so I had to leave fish biting.

Clean enough in the bay, but no fish in 2 spots I checked this am.  Dirty as homemade sin in Jamestown, couldn't clear the smut with a 2oz bucktail.  On east facing shore, solid roiling weed for the last 3m to shore. 

20 mins ago, frezzy said:

Dirty in Westerly.  Not awful in Charlestown.  Problem is the surge.  Can’t get anywhere near the water to cast.

I feared westerly would get too dirty. Headed back down after work and I hope it’s not a mess