Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Oct. 4 - Oct 11

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

Albies seemed to be a little more willing to eat today. Still on micro bait but those small pnuts make life a little easier. Also caught my first weakfish today too. On a butterfly jig...

63F5DB23-5179-4813-9412-C0C452CDEDD6.jpeg

AC401595-01D7-4B72-8230-E15D58859811.jpeg

D1E583E9-F477-4182-A3A7-9A6E46427150.jpeg

37687CDE-CAA1-4700-85DA-AD8B734A287A.jpeg

4 hours ago, rst3 said:

General thoughts on progression of Nor'Easter over next few days20191008_230714.jpg.f5a86665b1655f20838f005b56021efa.jpg

All I foresee are large quantities of med. to large sized bass being blown into every N/NE front along SoCo....BRING IT. Had one of my best 3-4 days on a blow with seas like this a couple weeks shy of last year and going 6-8hrs straight with a fish on every cast is nothing to complain about. 

I will be out tonight, and maybe Friday again.  Try to get as many trips in before it turns to chocolate milk.  Work always gets in the way of fun stuff.

Went out last night for a quick trip. Over popular spot. Chunk schoolies in the wash, lots of white water I might add. Water was crystal clear. Hopefully more fish fill in. Surf was up decently. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not liking what it will do to H2O clarity. I still haven't landed a funny this season.

Heard about some interesting striper activity on the north shore of Ma recently. My opinion is SoCo hasn't hit full stride yet. If those schools from the north move in, gimme that whitewater!

I took sunday off from work to go with the holiday before I saw the forcast. No turning back now. Me n the kid will probably be down Sat night. Depending on the conditions we might put up the tent for one or more nights.

Edited by mikez2

In spite of the forecast, I tried a kayak trip mid-bay this morning figuring I was going to hit some calm before the sun comes up.  No go, once I cleared the launch there was too much wind and (complementary) swell to be able to fish, or even troll.  Shoulda stuck with the other side (or moved farther up the bay).  Wasted a scary trip across the bridges in 20+kt winds with a plastic sail strapped to the roof. 

A little dated, but drove around the bay with the boat on Thursday and it was very quiet.  Looking for albies and busting fish in mid to northern bay.   Later in the day found some stripers on top.   Similar trip on Friday and more action, but huge wind so it was tough going.   Fished western RI area on Saturday and landed a lot of schoolies along the rocks along with some busting fish.  Good size to many of the schoolies.  Did see some albies, only one hooked.    

On 10/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, striper pat said:

20 stripers to 45" in 15 minutes, that's one hell of a good outing.

A fish every 45 seconds with a 45” fish in there. 

Very impressive!