codfish

Its looking like 1 fish at 35 inches, new rules

Rate this topic

184 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tj7501 said:

I like to keep and eat 6-7 fish a season. I enjoy it, my family and friends enjoy it. It's much healthier than the hormone-fed protein available at the grocery store. And when I decide to keep a fish, I stop fishing at that point. There is a goal and an end point. That's the satisfaction for me. I could argue that hardcore anglers who catch and release cause just as much damage and mortality, if not more. You could even argue that that is torturing/killing an animal just for the thrill. At least I have finite goal for my quest. The C&R guy will continue until his arms are tired.

Never apologize for keeping a meal for you, family or friends........:th:

9 hours ago, tj7501 said:

I like to keep and eat 6-7 fish a season. I enjoy it, my family and friends enjoy it. It's much healthier than the hormone-fed protein available at the grocery store. And when I decide to keep a fish, I stop fishing at that point. There is a goal and an end point. That's the satisfaction for me. I could argue that hardcore anglers who catch and release cause just as much damage and mortality, if not more. You could even argue that that is torturing/killing an animal just for the thrill. At least I have finite goal for my quest. The C&R guy will continue until his arms are tired.

You're still just killing them for the thrill. Two thrills. The catching thrill and the eating thrill. Still doing it for fun. I know you don't need it.

But of course, grocery store hormones are important. 

You want healthy food, gimme something born in the Hudson river every time.

12 hours ago, mikez2 said:

You're still just killing them for the thrill. Two thrills. The catching thrill and the eating thrill. Still doing it for fun. I know you don't need it.

Absolutely. Hence the term "recreational". I was just responding to the person who argued that the problem would be solved if nobody kept fish to eat.

9 mins ago, tj7501 said:

Absolutely. Hence the term "recreational". I was just responding to the person who argued that the problem would be solved if nobody kept fish to eat.

I musta missed that one.

Seems to me by now all the educated participants in this discussion understand the role of C&R mortality. 

Basically what I see in this thread and everywhere this topic comes up;

Guys fighting the limit increase for selfish reasons want lots of scapegoat for their finger pointing but do not want to feel any pain themselves.