UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

14 mins ago, Eric_S said:

It's not always the biggest fish that brings you the most joy.

Ain't that the truth. This was by no means a big fish at all, it was around 24", but it finally ended my year long skunk. Man did it feel good.

1003192337.jpg.23416946543eb43138f39ead2197ba58.jpg

Out back moco tonight from 9:30-12:30. Walked a half mile stretch of beach, had a couple bumps but no commits until about 11. Then I had 2 half hearted hits that I wound up dropping. At about 11:30 the bass turned on. I wound up with 5 up to 26" all on a mag darter. Just after midnight the wind and rain picked up and shifted to the nw and the bite turned off. Feels good to bend the rod for a change. Also made a googan mistake and took a hook to the thumb. Luckily it didn't go in deep and it came right out. It did take a little chunk out though. Oh well, small price to pay.

2 hours ago, Eric_S said:

It's not always the biggest fish that brings you the most joy. 

IMG_4702.JPG

You only caught it because of the rusty hook. Hahaaa man just kidding, nice job!! 

Thursday evening 7pm-10pm back of MoCo, couple splashes here and there, water was dark, but otherwise very fishable conditions. Nothing for me though. Heading out front AM (havent checked weather actually, so pending at the moment) 

10 hours ago, Eric_S said:

It took 4 years, but I finally caught a bass off my dock. Naturally I left my phone inside but I had to document this personal achievement. I was sooo close to just running inside with the thing and waking my wife up to share the occasion with her. But she probably would have just been pissed off that I woke her up and brought a live fish in the bedroom. Then I would have been pissed off that she wasn't more excited and the whole moment would have been ruined. So I got my phone and didn't wake her. She'll have to wait til morning to hear the news. It's not always the biggest fish that brings you the most joy. 

IMG_4702.JPG

I’ll be there with a chair and cooler tonight.

MoCo, out front, 7:15 am to 9 am. Not a touch. Nice white water. There were fish breaking, but way out of range. Ran into MC55. He resupplied my damaged swimmers. Wound up talking to him more than fishing. Thanks, Mike, for the new swimmers. May try to get down a little later and catch the top of the tide. Strong NW wind kicking up. Hope it doesn't dirty up the surf to much.

Out front SoMoCo 40 min after sunup. Light NW wind. Beginning of incoming tide. Weed on almost every cast. There were about 5 of us working. Didn’t see anyone catch. Skunk.

15 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

A man with two buckets of fish was leaving Sandy Hook and was stopped by a game warden. The warden asked the man, "Do you have ...a license to catch those fish?"

The man replied to the game warden, "No, sir. These are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?!" the warden replied.

"Yes, sir. Every night I take these fish down to this beach and let them swim around for about a half-hour, When I whistle, they all come back, jump back into my buckets, and I take 'em home. We do this every night."

"That's a bunch of hooey," said the warden. "Fish can't do that!"

"No, really! says the man. "Here, I'll show you." And he releases the fish in the ocean.

"Well, I've GOT to see this!" the game warden replied.

The man and the warden stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to the man and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" the man asked.

"When are you going to call them back?" the game warden huffs.

"Call who back?" the man asked.

"The FISH."

"What fish?"

I thought the punch line was going to be the fisherman calling them back and the fish not listening to him.....

Just took a peak out back and wow. that wind is howling. 30mph easily, white caps, churned up water. feeling like like fall. Borderline unfishable at this moment. Will peak later. Maybe it will lay down a bit. 

Moco Outfront, a few minutes before sunup, real fishy, water looked good, wind wasn't bad, before my first cast the only other guy out there got a 24" or so, after that, plenty of taps and I brought one about halfway back to me before losing it and then the sun came and I got hungry

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, Eric_S said:

It took 4 years, but I finally caught a bass off my dock. Naturally I left my phone inside but I had to document this personal achievement. I was sooo close to just running inside with the thing and waking my wife up to share the occasion with her. But she probably would have just been pissed off that I woke her up and brought a live fish in the bedroom. Then I would have been pissed off that she wasn't more excited and the whole moment would have been ruined. So I got my phone and didn't wake her. She'll have to wait til morning to hear the news. It's not always the biggest fish that brings you the most joy. 

IMG_4702.JPG

Congratulations!!! Time?

Edited by trade off
Time

10 hours ago, Mojoboy said:

You only caught it because of the rusty hook. Hahaaa man just kidding, nice job!! 

I made that plug 12+ years ago. I'm guessing I never changed the hooks since.

31 mins ago, trade off said:

Congratulations!!! Time?

11pm? First cast. Then nothing but bumps and swirls. No more fish. 

21 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I'll be there too.  

What a spot burn.

Limited parking keeps the crowds thin. Get here early. Bring beer.

13 hours ago, Eric_S said:

IMG_4702.JPG

I've been hammering fish at your dock for a month . . . glad you finally figured it out :laugh:

17 mins ago, cartopper said:

I've been hammering fish at your dock for a month . . . glad you finally figured it out :laugh:

I guess you're still in the area! Let's do some night fishing on my boat. And you can show me what the fish have been hitting from my dock.