UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Took a class out on tour of North Beach at the Hook we found a whale vertebrae and a rib. This was back in mid September and there were other pieces around. Let me say it stinks! You'll have to really dry it out. I gave mine to the NJSGC, we take students out seining for samples (like crabs spearing clams mullet shrimp seahorses things like that) then out onto the front beach for shell collection all the while teaching them about where we're are as it relates to bodies of water that surround us and what we're doing as we collect samples along with history of the area and some science.

FB_IMG_1570076041197.jpg

That's a really big spinal canal on that thing.  The nerve bundle that goes thru it must be huge!  

I herniated my L4 and L5 years ago and had to do an MRI.  They told me my nerve channel was pretty wide, otherwise I would have had some damage and could possibly have been crippled.

Mine ain't got nothing on that one!

5 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Why would someone want to bite their rod?

I dont get it...

It's one of the cardinal rules of the trout dry fly, pinky up, chardonnay sipping crowd

You must hold the rod in your teeth for all fish photos

Nothing wrong with Edwouldfish's pic - you do what you gotta do to keep the reel out of the sand 

Welcome aboard Ed, ignore the Stoopid, it's a rite of passage here

36 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Which one is Sudsy?

32nd year wedding anniversary today

I'm definitely in that club  

13 mins ago, Sudsy said:

13 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Congrats Suds and condolences to the wife. Just had my 50th last week. Missed a few days fishin for that one.

A man with two buckets of fish was leaving Sandy Hook and was stopped by a game warden. The warden asked the man, "Do you have ...a license to catch those fish?"

The man replied to the game warden, "No, sir. These are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?!" the warden replied.

"Yes, sir. Every night I take these fish down to this beach and let them swim around for about a half-hour, When I whistle, they all come back, jump back into my buckets, and I take 'em home. We do this every night."

"That's a bunch of hooey," said the warden. "Fish can't do that!"

"No, really! says the man. "Here, I'll show you." And he releases the fish in the ocean.

"Well, I've GOT to see this!" the game warden replied.

The man and the warden stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to the man and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" the man asked.

"When are you going to call them back?" the game warden huffs.

"Call who back?" the man asked.

"The FISH."

"What fish?"

1 hour ago, Seadog_86 said:

Hey guys, new the forum.  Going for albies  this weekend. Anyone having any luck? 

Welcome.to the forum new guy. Let us know how you do...

51 mins ago, Sudsy said:

26 years today for me and my bride

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

A man with two buckets of fish was leaving Sandy Hook and was stopped by a game warden. The warden asked the man, "Do you have ...a license to catch those fish?"

The man replied to the game warden, "No, sir. These are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?!" the warden replied.

"Yes, sir. Every night I take these fish down to this beach and let them swim around for about a half-hour, When I whistle, they all come back, jump back into my buckets, and I take 'em home. We do this every night."

"That's a bunch of hooey," said the warden. "Fish can't do that!"

"No, really! says the man. "Here, I'll show you." And he releases the fish in the ocean.

"Well, I've GOT to see this!" the game warden replied.

The man and the warden stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to the man and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" the man asked.

"When are you going to call them back?" the game warden huffs.

"Call who back?" the man asked.

"The FISH."

"What fish?"

Laughed harder than I should have at that one 

It took 4 years, but I finally caught a bass off my dock. Naturally I left my phone inside but I had to document this personal achievement. I was sooo close to just running inside with the thing and waking my wife up to share the occasion with her. But she probably would have just been pissed off that I woke her up and brought a live fish in the bedroom. Then I would have been pissed off that she wasn't more excited and the whole moment would have been ruined. So I got my phone and didn't wake her. She'll have to wait til morning to hear the news. It's not always the biggest fish that brings you the most joy. 

IMG_4702.JPG