UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, slip n slide said:

lip mark? that's hook rash....

I never really knew what is what to be honest. figured just regular wear and tear. just wondering, what is hook rash? what causes it. 

3 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Dont ever give up! After weeks of skunks i went out after work in snot weather. Could not get swimming plugs out there so put on a 6 inch black and gold topwater. than boom. fight was on. bottomed out my 35 lb boga. guessing between 38 n 42lbs. I am on cloud 9. Released to swim another day. 

20191022_172753.jpg

Nice  Fish !!  Congrats ... 

4 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Dont ever give up! After weeks of skunks i went out after work in snot weather. Could not get swimming plugs out there so put on a 6 inch black and gold topwater. than boom. fight was on. bottomed out my 35 lb boga. guessing between 38 n 42lbs. I am on cloud 9. Released to swim another day. 

20191022_172753.jpg

Nice!  Well done and glad to see a bigger fish not afraid of the sand.

I am going to hit the beach early tomorrow morning before work. Will post pics once I’m done. Stay tuned lol,  can anyone say kiss of death lol? I’m feeling lucky. Should have died today when I was trying to cross Hope road in tinton falls NJ. Car missed me no literally 2 inches at around 60mph. Took my breathe away and put me in a state of shock. Driver def crapped his pants too. Insane to think just like that I should have been killed but god spared me. Then later in the day was working on engine and I dropped a bolt and instead of falling all the way down in the compartment it just stopped right on top of something so I have a feeling there is a 50lber waiting for me tomorrow morning as long as I get me behind up in time. 

4 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

20191022_172753.jpg

Way to go Joe!!!!

5 hours ago, GeoffT said:

What's more surprising, however, is that big numbers of giant bass are now showing up this time of year when they haven't done so in the last decade or so.   

I've been noticing this class of fish for the past 5 or 6 years come by here really quick around this time like clock work.  When the weather doesn't cooperate they blow right by.

I've had my shots at them, hooked into a real giant 2 or 3 years ago on veterans day.  Ended up getting cut off by a boat.  In a week or two you'll start hearing of giants already being caught in virginia, just like every other year and we'll be pulling schoolies until january. 

5 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

20191022_172753.jpg

Nice fish!

4 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

You tell them Jim!!!!!

all this wining and bitching and gnashing of teeth. 

Boo hoo...yeah, the surf guys did do a job on keepers a decade ago, but to compare it to the boat slaughter before or since is ludicrous. 

3 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I've been noticing this class of fish for the past 5 or 6 years come by here really quick around this time like clock work.  When the weather doesn't cooperate they blow right by.

I've had my shots at them, hooked into a real giant 2 or 3 years ago on veterans day.  Ended up getting cut off by a boat.  In a week or two you'll start hearing of giants already being caught in virginia, just like every other year and we'll be pulling schoolies until january. 

Yup. I noticed it too and heard the same from my buds.  A quick shot close to the beach then gone, in the last several years.  This time it seems to be a more sustained run.  But it might not be for much longer if bunker move on. 

Finally killed my fall skunk Tuesday after dark with a 31 inch bass on 2oz all-white Spro Bucktail in the back.  Sorry, no weight or pictures.  Boga is only used to control teeth on blues anymore.  I no longer hang any fish slated for release, and with my flip phone, pictures take too long to guarantee fish will not go belly up after release, since where I fish, I cannot get into water to revive. Since all barbs are crushed, mean time from fish out of water, measured on ground, and back over fence is less than 1 min.

12 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

20191022_172753.jpg

Nice fish, just hope it’s not anywhere where I fish.  

Hour and a half or so in the rain lasts night. Mid tide out back OC. 4 fish with the largest a fat 26". All on the yo zuri twitchbait which has likely caught the most fish ever for me outback.

11 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

I never really knew what is what to be honest. figured just regular wear and tear. just wondering, what is hook rash? what causes it. 

the treble swinging against the body as it's cast/fished