October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

This weekend was a GRIND. Started Friday at 7pm in OC with my dad and poked around til 7 am for a total of 2 schoolies. Decided to pack up the truck and head a few miles north to look for bait. we found it and chased it but it stayed just out of reach. One blowup by a really nice bass on a pencil was all I could fool. Packed up the truck again around 11 am to head up to MOCO, dad drove so I passed out in the passenger seats (thanks for the ride). We arrived in MOCO to find acres of bunker, pnuts, and sandeels? Same deal as the morning bite, fish just out of reach and one good blowup on a pencil.

We moved around a bit but they never came in so we switched to togging since we had a few greens. The tog bite was fast and furious. We ran out of the little bait we had within 30 min.

We took off around 3pm to head back to PA where I then hopped in my new truck and drove back to MOCO for the night shift. Fished jetty country for a few hours. 1 teen sized fish came off at feet, and then I got the fish of the year... A spiny dogfish on the front hook of an SP. That thing fought better than a cocktail blue and even gave a nice topwater fight.

I BLAME @kurazy kracka

Summary lots of bait, fish out of reach for the most part, and its @kurazy kracka's fault.

Yes, Moco..out front, wind turned. Small one in wash on ava. That was it. Perhaps it's frustration talking but seeing the bait and tackle shops as well as the party boats thump there chest after this weekend is rather annoying. I think all it does is create a mindset for a novice angler that our waters are FILLED with these fish. So come on down and kill one!!! I get it's a business, i do. But jeez...it's far from the truth.

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

This weekend was a GRIND. Started Friday at 7pm in OC with my dad and poked around til 7 am for a total of 2 schoolies. Decided to pack up the truck and head a few miles north to look for bait. we found it and chased it but it stayed just out of reach. One blowup by a really nice bass on a pencil was all I could fool. Packed up the truck again around 11 am to head up to MOCO, dad drove so I passed out in the passenger seats (thanks for the ride). We arrived in MOCO to find acres of bunker, pnuts, and sandeels? Same deal as the morning bite, fish just out of reach and one good blowup on a pencil.

We moved around a bit but they never came in so we switched to togging since we had a few greens. The tog bite was fast and furious. We ran out of the little bait we had within 30 min.

We took off around 3pm to head back to PA where I then hopped in my new truck and drove back to MOCO for the night shift. Fished jetty country for a few hours. 1 teen sized fish came off at feet, and then I got the fish of the year... A spiny dogfish on the front hook of an SP. That thing fought better than a cocktail blue and even gave a nice topwater fight.

I BLAME @kurazy kracka

Summary lots of bait, fish out of reach for the most part, and its @kurazy kracka's fault.

don't bother going this weekend either, it'll be the same outcome. (unless I end up in LI)

Edited by kurazy kracka

Started off this morning to the north thinking that would be my best option.  The area I hit doesn't have a big bar out front so when there is big water it breaks really close making it tough to fish.  That was the case this morning.  Gave it a try but decided to move a few miles south.  Found better condition with lots of white water, current and stained water.  Wind was more N then NE at that point.  Gave it a walk and just couldn't find any thing interested until just before I had to leave.  Had one on the teaser that self released at my feet and got one more on my yellow sand eel.  Think I might have found a couple more but had places to be.  As I was leaving wind was shifting more NE.  Would be nice if we could get a little cleaner water to move back in.

DSCF2841.JPG

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

I saw a sailboat about 1/4mi off the beach in central moco heading south around 5ish. Was snotty out. Crazy.

Saw em' heading south during lunch time. 30 min MoCo. Wind more north. Water more stained with yellow suds, end of incoming tide. Worked the north side of the rocks again. Skunk. Threw Ava and other metal.

18 mins ago, AH Perry said:

Saturday night Nomoco, 6 bass. 5 were 16" to 26" but I was getting hard hits every now and then and I know there have been big fish in the area. Got this one on the sand 38" - 23lb.  Black plugs, yo zuri darter, redfin, etc. are the ticket for me lately. I usually like the lower tides but lately it's been incoming to dead high producing for me. 

I was 100' to your south and kept shining the light in the water to attract fish . . . LOL

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."

3 hours ago, adams54 said:

I saw a sailboat about 1/4mi off the beach in central moco heading south around 5ish. Was snotty out. Crazy.

It was a big one.  Heli was out with a search light then CC and park police were on the scene.

No more skunks. Maybe you didn't hear about it, you been gone a long time. 

MOCO Sunday Morning 6:30-8:00am. Low, not much wind, very calm water. Pulled in a 24" on blurple SP just as the sun was rising. Saw bigger fish breaking on the edge of my casting distance, and birds working even further out than that. Definitely life in the water but not in the cards for me on this day. Still worth it for the hour and a half I had to spare in the morning. 

Fished MOCO this weekend... lots of schoolies at night on in coming tide... I had to stand on the bar as there was little wave action... mostly all fish on 1 oz jig and pork... as the tide came in and water was around knee deep I felt I was caught on something. I bent down and found this wrapping around my boots and making it very difficult to even stand....

967E4458-D7DC-4EF4-A102-360A69E70134.jpeg

9FB2AE9E-66B9-4AB4-B842-40C77E88669F.jpeg

1BD82E00-EBF5-482E-B403-E61C940C00CE.png

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

• Sudsy locked this topic