UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

Ocean county, backwater. Sent 5 storm shad to the grave by way of blue fish. Wish the blues were a little bigger. Lost a smallish bass at the net. 

Bait of all kinds all over......and nothing but tiny blues on it.  I couldn’t believe it.  
I found a whale vertebrae and like the idiot I am I left it there.  I’m still kicking myself for not carrying it out with me.  It’s way bigger than it looks in the pic. 

58EF5802-E559-4A6F-ABCB-163A24156DBF.jpeg

5 mins ago, ridenfish said:

Bait of all kinds all over......and nothing but tiny blues on it.  I couldn’t believe it.  
I found a whale vertebrae and like the idiot I am I left it there.  I’m still kicking myself for not carrying it out with me.  It’s way bigger than it looks in the pic. 

Ahhh,.. Stuuunadd!!

25 mins ago, ridenfish said:

Thats a rare find!

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

Thinking about getting out tomorrow. Out front...anyone check out the forecast? Fishable?

Think it's gonna be definitely fishable.  Rain and some wind out of the NE, but I'm going after work lol. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

Thinking about getting out tomorrow. Out front...anyone check out the forecast? Fishable?

I'll pass...THU  E winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 5 to  7 ft. Swell mainly from the NE with a dominant period of  9 seconds. Rain likely.  THU NIGHT  SE winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming S after midnight,  then becoming SW 15 to 20 kt late. Seas 4 to 7 ft, subsiding to  3 to 5 ft late. Swell mainly from the NE with a dominant period  of 7 seconds. A chance of rain in the evening, then rain likely  after midnight.

Edited by JimK

Not a fishing report per say, went surfing in Monmouth County this afternoon. Good swell and warm water equals fun time. 

saw nothing in the way of bait or fish in very clean water. 

4 hours ago, ridenfish said:

If you were where I think you are that’s been there for a while.  

21 mins ago, Goldy said:

If you were where I think you are that’s been there for a while.  

I’m surprised no one picked it up