UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

Wish they would make it illegal to slaughter these breeders. At this rate the future of the fishery will be destroyed. Everyday from now until the run is over, head boats with 20 + ppl consistently making trips to hunt them down is just insane. You do the math half trips and full day trips, 7 days a week 20+ ppl plus bonus tags. Makes my head hurt. Not to mention half these people don't even have salt water fishing licensences. Everyone has a right to fish but some of these people are straight up kooks, not to mention they don't even taste good when they reach a certain size. 

1 hour ago, fdhog said:

Golden Eagle is out of Belmar. Probably fished the ocean. Saw a bunch of head boats out there this morning. I hate to see fish that size killed. I wonder if these guys know that the big ones taste like crap, or if they even care.

Agree, disgusts me to see that.

Story buyers. Lazy.

It's not about eating them. It's a "Mine is bigger than yours", mentality.

Everyone here concerned about fish that big being taken have a right to feel that way. These people also have a right to take these fish, it's legal. I'm an advocate for a slot limit but unfortunately who knows if that ever happens. Someone going out once and harvesting one fish shouldn't be a big deal, but unfortunately things have gotten so bad that it does raise the concern of many.

4 hours ago, PhilCVG said:

D84828AA-C096-4BD7-96F7-772BAA25BCDF.png.b0ffca68922a86822f863a6bfbc35852.png

They are migrating folks. Water temps be damned.

This report from a captain is gangster..... We had 15 lines and poles snap today... Wtf kind of poles is your boat using? Decaying broom sticks? Stupid way to promote your business. Super googenized. I understand we all gotta make a living but....really. 

23 mins ago, mike07gsxr said:

This report from a captain is gangster..... We had 15 lines and poles snap today... Wtf kind of poles is your boat using? Decaying broom sticks? Stupid way to promote your business. Super googenized. I understand we all gotta make a living but....really. 

I guess it sells tomorrow fares? 

These guys are catching themselves out of a job. 

5 hours ago, Baccigalup said:

I was out in moco today.  Lots of porpoises.  Some blitzing a few hundred yards off the bezch but of course the boats barreled right through them. Then the magic hour came and I had to go to work.  Damm

The a**holes don't give a damn about us and only run the fish away from us without hesitation 

4 hours ago, fdhog said:

Golden Eagle is out of Belmar. Probably fished the ocean. 

Spoke to a friend of mine today who went out for sea bass and stumbled on big bass around the 3 mile line.