UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2019 at 11:43 PM, saltyh2ofly said:

Not a butterfish, dorsal fin is wrong. You're right cool looking little fish.

That's a Permit. That's crazy to see that this far up the coast on the shoreline. I have heard off shore but to see a young one this way is pretty awesome.

managed 6 in the back in the dark. still a decent amount of mullet where i was. 

in the dark through dawn on the beach i couldn't buy a hit. very nice conditions too. 

40 mins ago, Goldy said:

What a ****** full moon tide fishing last night.  

total skunk

This^. Fished out back from 5-9 not a tap. Decided to take a shot out front, fished till 12 not a tap as well. Hopefully soon...

Been out of town since last week. From what I could tell from the posts it seems I didn’t miss much. Got out pre-dawn for an 1 1/2 hrs. Out front SoMoCo, end of incoming tide. Water pretty clean with a light NE wind. Worked the north side of a jetty. 10-15 min in, hooked up with a decent fish. 29” bass. Stayed tight with the jetty for the rest of the time but just got snagged a couple times. At least I was able to finally get out and no skunk. 

919BB505-5743-4DF9-A61C-E2E42259A124.jpeg

54 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Been out of town since last week. From what I could tell from the posts it seems I didn’t miss much. Got out pre-dawn for an 1 1/2 hrs. Out front SoMoCo, end of incoming tide. Water pretty clean with a light NE wind. Worked the north side of a jetty. 10-15 min in, hooked up with a decent fish. 29” bass. Stayed tight with the jetty for the rest of the time but just got snagged a couple times. At least I was able to finally get out and no skunk. 

919BB505-5743-4DF9-A61C-E2E42259A124.jpeg

Holy Cow, is that what they look like.. I forgot

So guess the storm put a bow on the mullet run for this year.  Was out early this morning and didn't see any signs of bait around at all.  Nice condition, just not a whole lot happening.  Found a skinny one around 22 or 23 inches and had a couple of other light bumps.  Full moon tide was pushing the water way up the sand.  Also landed a seagull that thought it was a good idea to fly into my line just as I made my cast.  Must say was one of the calmest seagulls I've had to untangle.  Everything safely released.

3 hours ago, BrianZ said:

managed 6 in the back in the dark. still a decent amount of mullet where i was. 

in the dark through dawn on the beach i couldn't buy a hit. very nice conditions too. 

Yeah, where I was in the back last night is still loaded with peanut and adult bunker with small fish on them.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:17 AM, CKjeep84 said:

Went hunting this morning with no luck.....should have gone fishing

What kind of hunting?  here in Virginia it was the early duck season.  I got skunked yesterday.